Chap10

The Births 4

Iruka's Baby

Tsunade labeled the tube of blood Tsubasa Hyuga and had only just slid it into the spinning machine when she was called away to birth Iruka's baby. He was ready and was taking the pain well; Hiruzen gave her a firm nod. Kakashi wasn't there, the last she had seen of him was with the other fathers in a lounging area.

"OK Iruka," she said once he was in the birthing room. "You have nothing to worry about. You're my fourth she-male birth and you'll be just fine. Sakura, Shizune, let's begin."

Iruka

I stayed calm but watched carefully to see exactly how this birth was going to take place. I had understood that my body didn't grow a vagina and I was very aware that my backside had been plugged up, for what reason I didn't know.

"Ok, the baby's coming," said Tsunade just as I felt a pulling sensation in my large stomach. Crisscrossing blue chakra strings were connecting all over my stomach with this gold light surrounding it then a baby was coming up through my skin. Before I could really see him or her, Ino was there with a blanket and took the baby as Tsunade, Sakura and Shizune lowered their hands.

"Iruka-sensei," said Ino, turning toward me. "You have a baby boy."

"A boy?" I held out my arms and she settled the baby inside. I looked down and yes, it was my face there, just looking like the way I did when I was baby. He had a tuff of gray hair at the middle of his head and his eyebrows were gray.

"His name," asked Tsunade before my brain could begin to churn.

I thought for a second. "Hikaru," I decided. It fit because I had no family but yet with a son, he would enrich my life in a way I had been using my students at the Ninja Academy to fill for me. "Hikaru Umino," I said, a smile coming over my face.

"I'll need to take some blood for the parental testing, Shizune, help Iruka give Hikaru his first feeding." Tsunade wrote on a chart then was picking up an needle.

Shizune lowered my gown, revealing my milk-swollen breasts and in seconds Hikaru was gulping down his first feeding. I felt something akin to happiness fluttering in my chest. I have a son now. My own family. I wish Ma and Pa were here to see this.

Hikaru got a checkup and I was cleaned up then brought back to my hospital room where Hiruzen was, but so was Konohamaru, his grandson.

"Iruka-sensei!" Kono whispered loudly, obviously trying to be quiet for the baby's sake and rushed to my side, peering at the bundle of blankets.

"His name is Hikaru," I said, tilting my arms so Kono could see. "Hikaru Umino."

"Wow, he looks like you, 'cept," Kono's brows raised. "He's got gray hair already. Did your parents have gray hair?"

I swallowed hard. Who has gray hair in the father lineup...? No way.

I made a weak smile to Kono. "I don't really remember, they died when I was a child. I want to thank you for coming Konohamaru, I really appreciate it. Its nice of you."

"Of course, you're my favorite teacher you know." Kono lowered his voice and whispered, "Don't tell Ebisu-sensei I said that."

I smiled for real at him and said, "Of course not."

Maybe things will go back to normal after all, regardless of who the father is...maybe...

I glanced once more at the gray hair my son had and tried to tell myself that.