Chap9

The Births 3

Neji's Baby

Tsunade had only just put both tubes of blood, one marked Kana Inuzuka and the other Sora Nara, into the spinning machine when she was told Neji Hyuga was in labor. She could see that the she-males were all giving birth around the same time because they had gotten pregnant at the same time. So she was forced to leave the testing and go birth Neji's baby.

Neji was having a heart attack, his uncle Hiashi wasn't holding up much either and it was actually Hinata trying to keep them calm. Tsunade managed to get her voice heard over the ruckus and whisked Neji off to the birthing room.

Neji

"This can't be happening, it can't be happening, it isn't happening!" I covered my eyes to shield myself from whatever the medical ninjas were doing, even when I felt the prick in my arm and the pain in my stomach faded, I didn't want to know, didn't want to see.

"Alright, here comes the baby," I heard and my hands fell off my face in time to see Ino covering up a lump in her arms in a blanket.

"Neji," said Ino, turning toward me. "You have a girl."

"Can I see her?" I felt my arms open up, I didn't know why, this wasn't right, but I had to.

"Of course," said Ino with a smile and nested the baby into my arms. I looked down and saw my own face, just chibified and feminine.

"My daughter," just fell out of my lips. It was so obvious. She had my pale purple eyes, her black hair was silky, laying flat to her head and she was watching me with a calm aura, she didn't seem to be scared or worried at all.

"And her name," asked Tsunade.

"Tsubasa," I thought of after a minute. It meant wing, so it was close to being about a bird yet, it was like she could fly. She wasn't a caged bird, but her own person, for she didn't have the symbol on her forehead, the one I still wore. She was free.

"And I will take a sample of her blood for the parental testing," said Tsunade, coming forward with a needle. "Shizune, please help Neji give Tsubasa her first feeding."

Shizune lowered my gown to reveal my breasts which were both swollen with milk and showed me how to get Tsubasa to latch on to my nipple and take my areola. At her fast gulping, I felt some relief that this was halfway over. There was still the father to be revealed and then the fateful wedding night, but at least the baby had been born.

Tsunade took the blood, Tsubasa was given a checkup and I was cleaned up, then taken back to my room.

"Neji!" Hinata rushed up to me as I was settled back in my bed and she covered her mouth when she saw the baby. Hiashi was on my other side and looked stunned but asked, "And who's the father?"

I shook my head. "Tsunade hasn't done the test yet, she only just got the blood. And her name is Tsubasa. Tsubasa Hyuga."

"Perfect," said Hinata and she kissed my forehead. "Congrats Neji."

I gave her a weak smile. "Thanks."

"I wonder who it could be," began to scheme my uncle. "If it is Gaara, I wonder if the child would have abilities with sand, or Kankuro, with his mastery over chakra stands. Kakashi, well, he is the son of the late White Fang, that is a good bloodline. It is Sasuke that I hope for, just think, a child with both the Byakugan and Sharingan eye abilities, she will be undefeatable on a battlefield."

I could understand my uncle's ramblings but that wasn't what I cared about right now. I really just wanted to rest and get my mind together. I looked down at Tsubasa who was feeding with her eyes closed. She really did look like me and yes, I did wonder at her father and her possible abilities, but what of her home life? Would I be a good mother? Would her father take care of us as a family and home? And what of the wedding night, I would I be able to handle it?

"Hush Neji, you are thinking so loud you're giving me a headache," said Hinata with a gentle smile. "Just relax and take a breather. You've had your child, so just calm down. What happens next will take care of itself."

I nodded and settled back on my covers, closing my eyes for a light snooze, knowing that Hinata would look after me.