42

Intermission

The Husbands

Again the men met at the Ichiraku ramen shop and again Gaara wasn't there.

"That punk kid," grumbled Kankuro, poking at his food. "How can he do it?" He remembered how Kiba told him that he was proud of him then scolded him about not being a man.

None of the others had an answer. Asuma was uncomfortably remembering how he had raped Shikamaru earlier that afternoon. Kakashi was remembering how Iruka had called him while he was on mission and babbled on and on about how Hikaru had started to walk and talk and then the resulting argument. Sasuke was remembering how angry Neji was with him about not paying attention to Tsubasa.

"They're getting bigger," Sasuke suddenly said. "The kids."

"I know," said Asuma with a tight jaw. "They look more like five year olds now."

"Iruka told me Hikaru wanted to buy an Icha-Icha book," said Kakashi. He wondered why he felt like smiling.

"That's creepy," said Kankuro with a shudder. "Its not even real...but it has something like you inside of it."

Suddenly Kakashi felt angry. It? The child, my child, is an it? He didn't speak but the other men could feel his dark aura.

"Do you think by the end of the month they'll have minds of eighteen year olds," asked Sasuke, unsure. "The Hokage still said monthly evaluations, but if they know the jutsus, can read and write, I mean, is that good enough?"

Kankuro thought about not having Kiba's hot body to come home to every night. He's had good sex before, but somehow Kiba was different. If they weren't married, there was no doubt they wouldn't have sex again. Nor did he like how Kiba had told him he wasn't being responsible or being a man. He didn't respond.

Kakashi had sex with Iruka only once but he kept remembering how it felt a little good. He kinda wanted to try it again, but would Iruka let him? Hell, they were married, they could do it again. But besides the sex, he couldn't help but think of what Iruka said he'll never be a good husband, let alone a good father. This was his one time to prove to Iruka he could be a good husband and the fact was, even if he divorced Iruka, it wasn't like the kid was going to disappear, Hikaru would know that Kakashi was his father and would know that Kakashi never wanted him. Kakashi had to grow up in shame with the suicide of his father White Fang, this would be just as shameful for his son. Could he really repeat history like that? Kakashi didn't respond either.

Asuma was actually feeling worried. He had been treating Shikamaru like crap since day one and he knew Shikamaru hadn't told anyone the truth of their a marriage. But he was sure once the marriage was ended, Shikamaru would tell everyone how Asuma had done to him, including what happened in the bedroom. Shikaku would kill him, hands down. But what really made him think was how he had been making Shikamaru cry, really cry. Shikamaru had never been a very emotional guy, not much for laugher or for tears. He had only cried once for as long as he had knew him and that was when Choji had been feared to die, but Asuma had hurt Shikamaru so bad, he cried and pleaded for him to stop, but he didn't. Asuma didn't say anything.

Sasuke noticed that no one had answered him but he had his own problems. It wasn't like his family or Neji's would allow them to divorce, either in eighteen days or eighteen years, because their daughter Tsubasa was the famed Hyuiha, who was going to teach her how to use the Sharingan and who was going to teach her how to use the Byakugan, if not her parents? His father had finally accepted him and if he divorced Neji...no, he couldn't do that. And there was the fact he loved being in bed with Neji, if they were divorced, Neji wouldn't touch him with a twenty-foot pole. Sasuke didn't know what to say.

The men sat there lost in their own thoughts but as the sun came down, they knew they had to go home and face the music.
----------------------------------------------
Sorry for short story.