Chapter 1

The car went into the lake. August & Alana climbed out of the windows, eventually grabbing hands while floating underwater. Swimming away from a great distance of the car, it exploded into flames.

7 Months Later...

* Alana's POV *

I woke up with the sun lighting up the room. I reached over & seen my clock which read: 9:32 AM. Getting up & walking into the bathroom about to take me a shower. When I heard August come inside.
August: Morning.
Alana: Goodmorning.

August & I had moved out here to Los Angeles. He was handling his business & I was handling mine. Now, I owned my own clothing store & was working on opening my very own hair salon. Life was great out here & I was so happy to be around new surroundings, like a brand new start. I walked out the shower putting my orange satin robe on, walking into the bedroom. Standing in my closet, I chose to wear my "Trill Life" black & white crop top, red high waist skirt, & my red Jordans. I walked down the stairs & into the living room, grabbing me a bagel for the morning.

* August's POV *

Since getting away, everything was good. Alana & I were living together just without a title exactly. Me & her both felt a title might have changed things, so we just go with it. Whatever happens, just happens. I had my own trap out here in LA & even started recording music. Music was a way I expressed myself without doing all the dirty work. I came into the kitchen & Alana was standing there eating a bagel. She turned around & looking up at me with a smile on her face.
Alana: I've got to make some runs today.
August: Me too.
Alana: Good. Maybe you can meet up with me for some lunch.
August: I will.

I kissed her forehead before watching her walk out the door to her car.

* Alana's POV *

I walked into my clothing store & walked straight into my office in the back. Sitting down & looking through the financial records, my business was doing good. We were definitely making big bucks just from selling good clothing. Ashlee knocked on my office door before inviting herself in & taking a seat. Ashlee was the manager at the store as well as a friend of mine. We had become close, she was definitely the classy type though.
Alana: What's happening?
Ashlee: Nothing had to tell you my date was not good at all.
Alana: What was wrong with this one?
Ashlee: First off, I had to pick him up & drive him to the restaurant. Let's not forget, he asked ME out in the date. We get there, he's talking all loud & everything. Then, he orders the highest thing on the menu.
Alana: What's wrong with that?
Ashlee: I had to pay! They placed the bill on the table, he looks at it & gets all buck eyed. He excused himself to go to the restroom, & I waited on him for 45 minutes,ended up paying for my own date. What kind of shit is that?
Alana: That was a bad date.

I started laughing. Ashlee had no luck when it came down to relationships. Whenever she found a great guy, they found something wrong with her. She just couldn't settle down for anything. She laughed along with me.
Ashlee: Exactly. I will not be doing any dates anymore.
Alana: I'll say then.

We walked back out into the front after I closed my office door. I started fixing the clothes back into order while Ashlee handled the customers.
Ashlee: Can I help you with anything?
Customer: No, I'm fine.

* August's POV *

I walked into the studio & spotted my friend Chris in there. Chris had become one of my new friends while here in LA.
August: Sup man?
Chris: Nothing much bruh, same ol ya know?
August: Same here.
Chris: Just got off a flight here last night. Tired as fuck. I'm going to a club tonight, you wanna come through?
August: Fa'sho!

Chris dapped me & walked out the studio door. I looked up at the clock, remembering I had lunch with Alana. I walked into the clothing store & Alana smiled walking over towards me, grabbing me in for a kiss.
Alana: Let me get my things & we'll be ready to go.
August: Okay.

She walked into the back & Ashlee approached me.
Ashlee: Hi.
August: Sup?
Ashlee: Um, you are?

Alana had walked back & towards us.
Alana: Oh yeah, Ashlee this is my boo August. August, this is Ashlee. She's my store manager & friend.
Ashlee: Nice to meet you.

She said & smiling grabbing out her for a handshake.
August: Same to ya.
Alana: Ashlee, I'll be back in about 2.
Ashlee: Okay hun.

She smiled while we walked out the store.