Chapter 14: Heart Of Glass

The sunlight crept through the large windows, making Sakura flutter her eyelashes and open her tired eyes.

She didn't even notice when she fell asleep.

The pinkette yawned and stretched her arms while trying to focus her vision.

She jumped out of bed, being dressed in a short, silky night dress.

*

Once she pushed open the door to the dining room, she found Itachi seated on a chair at the far end of the long table.

On it, there were arranged different ustensils and plates full of food that made her mouth water.

Itachi raised his eyes from the tablet that he was holding and locked his eyes with the sleepy girl from the doorway.

"Ah, good morning Sakura. How was your sleep?" he asked casually.

She yawned again. "Good. The bed was really comfy." she commented while taking a seat on his right, where her plate was placed.

Itachi returned to reading, very quickly.

Sakura stared at his clean plate and untouched food. Only his mug of coffee was half empty with the steam still raising from it.

"When you arrived last night?" she heard herself before she could stop. "I mean, I didn't hear you coming."

His mouth curved sightly being pleased with the concern she tried so hard to hide.

"3 A.M." he answered casually, making her jaw drop.

If something characterized Sakura deeply, it was the fact that she was a traditionally good girl. She never stayed out late, nor she drank or smoked. It was totally out of the question. And she was used to Ino doing all these stuff but the fact that Itachi may have possibly done the same, made something boil within her.

"You weren't afraid to come home so late?" she asked rather bitterly.

Itachi put his tablet down and smirked at her. "No. I never am. Besides..." he took a sip from his coffee "I did this for the exact opposite."

Sakura forrowed her brows in confusion. "What do you mean?"

He waved his hand dimissively. "Doesn't matter. Don't worry about this."

A woman came into the room, pouring more hot coffee in Itachi's mug. She was about the same age as Sakura but she had red hair and a pair of glasses.

Itachi checked her out, making it a bit too obvious.

She left the room quietly.

"That's the person who will take care of things around here. Her name is Karin. Ask her anything you need."

Sakura gently punched the table with her fists, making the ustensils shake. She drew his attention towards her.

"Could you at least control yourself around me and stop embarassing me?" she said angrily through gritted teeth.

Itachi shurged. "She didn't see me."

"That doesn't matter it won't happen." Sakura spat.

Itachi folded his arms to his chest, leaning back in his chair. "So why do you care? Why would you even care if I screw her? Nobody will know outside these walls. Your reputation is clean. And this is all fake, right?"

Sakura turned her head to the side with a pout.

Itachi got closer to her face, leaning over the table.

He used two of his fingers to turn her head towards him. His eyes wandered towards her pink lips and back to her intense green eyes. She could feel his breath on her face which made her swallow hard the lump in her throat.