"If I must," I grumble, putting my thoughts on the back burner at the moment.

Jayden wraps an arm around my shoulder, leading me toward the rest of the group. "You'll do great," he says giving a little nudge to my self-esteem.

"I'll teach Trina, while you guys go for a run." Conner offers, making my entire body stiffen with the thought of it.

"Actually, I'd feel more comfortable with Alex, but thanks for the offer Conner." I announce with a forced smile and a wink in Alex's direction, hoping that he would agree. Knowing Alex, he wouldn't have it any other way.

Alex steps forward with a hard pat on Conner's back, "thanks for the offer man but we've got this. Go ahead get your run in."

With a slight glare in my direction Conner takes off after the rest of the guys my shoulders involuntarily drop, as a sigh of relief escapes me. If Alex noticed he didn't say a word but a quick glance in my direction warns me that he suspects that something is off.

"Alright, let's get started."

For a moment I let my mind slip as I watch Jayden and Alex demonstrate the process for us. Both of their features a mask of indifference as they move through the motions in slow motion, explaining what they are doing and why before taking it up a notch showing us what a real-life attack might look like if we use their training correctly, ending with Alex on the ground as the attacker and Jayden standing above him, smiling as the would-be victim.

I wonder which one would actually win if they really went head to head in a fight but quickly dismiss it when Jaden lowers his hand to help Alex up, knowing that soon it will be our turn to practice what they just showed us.

Alex darts across the beach at me grabbing me by the waist, hauling me to the ground with ease. "Were you even paying attention?" He asks his body lumbering lazily over mine.

"I expected a couple of practice runs before I was attacked," I admit while he helps me off the ground.

"Do you think your attacker is going to warn you before he attacks?" He asks, forcing my memory back ten years.

A hand wraps around my mouth as I feel an arm tug me close to a hard body, not a word is spoken as I struggle and try to scream, but my screams come out muffled by the hand that's over my mouth. I feel the coolness of hard steal as it's presses against my throat, warning me to stay silent.

"No," I finally whisper. "He didn't warn me."

Alex's stern expression softens at my words his head lowers slightly before he grabs my hand, "Let's try again," he says a little softer this time.

My arms bent at the elbow on either side of my face, blocks each strike that Alex makes before he shows me how to strike back using the meaty part at the bottom of my palm thrusting upward repeatedly into my attackers pace. It didn't take long at all for me to learn this technique before we moved on.

"Alright now that the two of you seem to have that down, Remember these key points on the body." He points at Jayden, "the eyes, if you can get to your attackers eyes you can do quite a lot of damage just by poking them in the eye, however it's not enough to just poke and run, apply pressure to their eyes and knee them in the groin if you can."

"The throat, he points to Jayden's throat. A punch, hit or even a karate chop to the throat, will render your assailant immobile. The nose, thrusting upward as we showed you can shove the bone into the brain, killing your attacker, however pretty much any hit to the nose will distract him enough for you to go for the groin yet again.

"The solar plexus," Alex pointed to a spot-on Jayden's chest. "A hard hit here will not only hurt like hell but knock the wind out of your attacker, giving you time to get away. Of course, you know about the groin, since this is the point on a mans body that we have made a point of emphasize during today's training. There isn't a man alive that can take a hard hit to the groin without dropping to his knees." His face scrunches a bit as if remembering something, "Well let me rephrase that, most men can't. If you can't get to the man's groin, use what you have learned today until he has exposed himself enough for you to attack."