chasing after you | four

Third Person

After a few classes here and there, it was finally time for lunch.

Nancy's sudden change of mood was obvious to all her friends.

Especially JooE but being Nancy's bestfriend, she already knows why.

The girls went out of the room and they headed to the cafeteria.

It was silent and no one had the guts to break the silence as they were all intimidated by Nancy.

Except for JooE, ofcourse.

"Nancy, you know you can always talk to me right?" JooE whispered quietly, that only them can hear.

"About what JooE? I'm fine." She replied cooly.

She shouldn't be feeling like this. She kept telling herself it was wrong.

But the more she was denying it, the more she was hurting.

"Stop the bullshit Nancy, I know you like Yeonwoo unnie."

She said with a stern voice as she held Nancy's arm and dragged her inside the bathroom.

"I don't, you're being delusional."

She wiggled her arm, trying to remove it from JooE's strong grip.

"So why were you jealous then? I was surprised you didn't punch Jennie just by the anger on your face." She raised her eyebrow.

"I don- I mean.. uh.. fuck." Nancy gulped.

She was caught in a lie.

"See? I knew you liked her, you dont think I notice the way you look at her?" JooE chuckled at her bestfriend.

"Okay fine, maybe I do but–"

"but what Nancy? you always have these stupid reasons. You like her, that's it." JooE let out a scoff.

Nancy stayed quiet, though she liked Yeonwoo unnie, she couldn't just break Jungkook's heart.

"Let me guess, you're thinking about Jungkook right?"

Nancy nodded and looked down, she felt ashamed. She was playing with two people's feelings.

"You know what, I'm so tired of this Jungkook shit, let me tell you the truth."

Nancy lifted her head up, she was curious as to what JooE was going to say.

"What truth? what do you mean?"

"Yesterday I overheard Jungkook and Jimin talking. Jimin asked if he really did like you but being the jock he is, he laughed and told Jimin that you were all a game."

"Are you serious?!" Nancy was fuming, she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"I already knew from the start that he was a dick, you should have know better Nancy."

"Fuck him, I'm going to get my girl." Nancy ran out of the bathroom leaving JooE amused.

Nancy's POV:

I ran as fast as I could towards the cafeteria, hoping to find Yeonwoo unnie.

It's time to stop denying my feelings, I really do like Yeonwoo unnie.

I need to stop lying to myself.

I glanced everywhere until I found her laughing in our usual table.