Tabloid Drama

Y/N's P.O.V

Sitting in the room on the couch across from my therapist I just cried. I couldn't stop crying I was here because my parents thought it would be beneficial.

"Y/N you need to stop crying" she looked at me.

"I know i'm sorry I can't" I grabbed a tissue. "I just keep thinking about him"

"okay your homework to be done before I see you next time is to try and take your mind off of him go to the movies with friends, hangout with your family. Do little things to keep you busy" she smiled.

"okay"

Agreeing on a date to meet next time I got up and left the room. Using my hoodie sleeve to wipe my eyes I looked into the waiting room and everyone was looking at me.

So what if I was Shawn Mendes' girlfriend that was over and it was time to move on.

"how was it?" my mom asked as I met her back downstairs.

"it was the same as usual" I sighed.

Walking with my mom back to our car I got into it as she started it. Driving home the ride was shorter than usual.

"where are we going?" I asked.

"we have to do this Y/N, I know you don't want to" she sighed.

Looking I saw we were turning down Shawn's street. Sighing I really didn't know what we were doing, his family i'm sure didn't want to see me. My mom parked out front and just looked at me.

"you go in there or we sit here"

"seriously. mom."

Seeing the front door open Aaliyah walked out with one of her friends. Ducking down my mom waved at her. Looking up I sighed as she walked towards the car. My mom unrolled the window and started talking to Aaliyah.

"Y/N, hi! Shawn's inside if you want to talk to him" Aaliyah smiled at me.

"okay thanks" I just stayed in the car.

"Thank-you Aaliyah she would love to see Shawn" my mom unlocked the car.

Pushing me out she closed the door and locked it. Not wanting to make a scene I walked towards the front door, my nerves building. Knocking on the door I waited for someone to open it.

"Y/N! Hello sweetie we haven't seen you in forever" Karen smiled letting me in the house.

"Shawn!" Karen called out to him.

"mom i'm trying to sleep"

"he's just up in his room, you can go see him if you'd like" Karen smiled while disappearing into the kitchen.

Heading up the stairs I walked towards Shawn's room and took a deep breath. Knocking on the door I opened it a little.

"Shawn, it's me" I whispered as I looked at him.

"Y/N! you here!" Shawn got up and opened the door.

Pulling me into him he wrapped his arms around me and squished me.

"i'm so so so sorry" he pressed his lips to the top of my head.

"Shawn.." I sighed.

"Y/N I really didn't do it, I want you to know how sorry I am that all that stuff happened. I want you back" I saw his eyes mist over.

His tears are my biggest weak point.

"Shawn, I get it I know it was tabloid drama but I still don't know if I can go through that heartbreak again" I looked at him.

"I know I get it but your the love of my life I can't lose you again Y/N"

"I'm sorry Shawn I just can't. Not again"

Turning to leave I shut the door behind me and headed back downstairs. After slipping my shoes back on I headed out to the car and met my mom.

"so are you getting back together?" my mom asked as I opened the door.

"no we're not. can we just go home?"

"of course"

Sitting in the car for the first time in a while I didn't feel the need to cry over Shawn anymore I got the closure I needed.