premature pt 3

Shawn's P.O.V

Quickly texting my parents what was going on I sat down in the waiting room with Y/N. Liam had been taken into emergency surgery because one of his lungs had collapsed and he couldn't breathe.

Chloe was sleeping in her incubator and the nurses were watching her closely. Y/N leaned on me and sighed.

"this is so hard" Y/N whispered.

"I know baby" I pulled her into my lap and just nuzzled my head into her.

"I texted my parents and told them it's not a good time to come" she turned to look at me.

"yeah I texted mine to" I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

Watching the doors open one of the nurses walked out and came over to us. Y/N and me stood up and waited for what she had to say to us.

"Mr. and Mrs. Mendes, we're so sorry. We did everything we could but Liam was to weak and couldn't handle it, the strain on his heart was just to much." the nurse said.

Looking at Y/N she had tears in her eyes but they weren't falling. Her bottom lip was quivering and she just stood there unable to say anything.

Y/N's P.O.V

Hearing what the nurse was saying to me I couldn't really comprehend it. I just stood there unable to speak. One of my babies was gone. Feeling the tears spring to my eyes I could feel Shawn looking at me. My bottom lip quivered and I tried to stay on my feet. Feeling my knees give out I collapsed to the floor and just started sobbing.

Shawn came to me and just held me while our world came crashing down. We still had one kid which was a blessing. Wiping my eyes I slowly stood up and took a deep breath.

"We should go check on Chloe" I looked at Shawn.

"yeah? okay" Shawn grabbed my hand and we walked into the room where Chloe was.

"i'm going to be right back" Shawn said.

Leaving me with our little girl I just watched her sleep she was still so little. A few minutes later Shawn walked back in and smiled at me.

"I hope you don't mind, but I didn't think that we should be dealing with this alone. I called our parents and told them what happened. They are on their way" Shawn rubbed my back.

"good call Shawn" I kissed his cheek and leaned into him.