Chapter 6 // Look Your Best

Chapter 6- Look Your Best

Levy's POV
He was carrying my bag again.
Mira was leading the group to the train station where we'd be leaving for wherever it was we were going, and he was walking beside me carrying my bag along with his and Lily's and they probably weighed a ton but he just picked up my bag like it was his job.
Maybe he did care.
And he wasn't walking too quickly either- he kept glancing at me to make sure I could keep up easily. And if I was walking even a little bit faster than a comfortable pace, he took smaller steps, or slowed himself, or stopped for a moment.
Maybe he did care.
We were walking behind Erza, who was pulling a trailer of luggage (the suit cases I understood, but the inflatable mammoth and life sized card board cut out of Benedict Cumberbatch seemed a little excessive) and when she turned around to yell at Natsu and Gray I noticed that she was wearing a cream shirt with 'I AM SHERLOCKED' written across the front. It was not what you might expect of Erza Scarlet...
Gajeel, on the other hand, was wearing his usual black clothes.
"Do you ever wear anything but black?" I asked him, and he looked at me like I was stupid.
"I have a white suit."
Oh...
I'd forced the image of Gajeel in his white suit playing his guitar and singing from my mind, but now I remembered.
His music was certainly...
Something.
"Oh, yeah, anything else?" He scratched his chin thoughtfully.
"Not often. Metallica always said it was my colour. I wear grey as well. I have this one green-" he stopped himself mid sentence, and shook his head. Figuring there was no point in asking what the mysterious green item was, I looked down at my tan gladiator sandals as they kicked up a stone from the pathway.
"You, on the other hand, look better in blue and yellow. Orange works as well. Nothing dark... Sometimes a little navy. I like you in pink too." Surprised at the fact that he knew something about style, I looked up again (he was ridiculously tall, I had to crane my neck just to get a glimpse of his face).
Then suddenly I realised what he'd said.
He liked me in pink?
"Lucy... Hmmm... Any bright colour works, white and blue seems to be her thing. I can't imagine Natsu in anything but red and black. Why are you looking at me like that, shrimp?"
I needed to ask Lu-chan what she thought Gajeel meant. Was it a statement or a recommendation or... Something else?
Not that I cared anyway.
"I didn't realise you cared so much about fashion."
He shrugged his humongous shoulders.
"It's important to look your best, shrimp."

Gajeel's POV
We got to the train station and Mira gleefully shoved us all onboard. There were still 10 minutes until departure. Levy had dragged me over to a table, and we were sat across from Natsu, Lucy and Happy.
Lucy and Levy were just staring at each other, and every few minutes they'd gasp or laugh or look at either me or Natsu. Then they'd carry on staring.
It was creepy.
Happy was chattering away about the incredible fish he'd caught on his mission last night, but I don't think anyone was listening.
Then there was Natsu.
Natsu had what looked like a voodoo doll, and he was slowly setting fire to it's face.
The voodoo doll had a label attached which claimed it's name was 'ice princess'. So I just stared out the window, aware that as soon as the train started to move I was gonna throw up.