Chapter 3 // Then You're A Great White Shark

Chapter 3- Then You're A Great White Shark

Levy's POV
Walking to the guild the next morning I was horrified to admit that my bag was just too heavy.
I mean, yes it contained twenty-two books, but still. Sadly I wasn't exactly big and muscly which made things like this difficult. It took all my energy to just drag the bag a few meters before I had to sit down and catch my breath, which was probably why I was still pretty far from the guild.
What was I going to do?
"Hey, shrimp."
Oh joy.
I quickly stood up straight and folded my arms.
"My name is Levy." I muttered, looking up at that grinning face of the iron dragon slayer. He just laughed.
"What's taking you such a long time?" the idiot glanced at my bag, then back at me, and I sighed.
"I'm just..um...Admiring the weather."
(All the frost from yesterday had melted and there wasn't a cloud in the sky)
"Sure." he picked up my bag, and easily slung it over one shoulder. Then he turned away from me and began taking those annoyingly huge strides which he knew I couldn't keep up with.
Stupid Gajeel.
I had to jog to catch up with him, and when I did his smile widened even more.
"Hey, I don't need your help." I grabbed onto his arm in an attempt to slow him down, and he rolled his eyes.
"Sure you don't, shrimp, hang on." And with that Gajeel bent down, lifted me, and slung me over his shoulder. My face was burning as I felt his arm wrap around my legs, holding me in place. My tiny fists had no effect on him as I pounding his back yelling for him to put me down. Instead he tightened his grip.
"Quiet, people are looking."

Gajeel's POV
The girl was practically weightless, and now that she had stopped hitting me (which didn't hurt anyway) I found myself enjoying the experience of carrying her. She was still mumbling about me being an idiot but I could live with that. And anyway, I knew she didn't really mind. If Levy wanted to get down she would've blasted me with magic by now, but instead she had buried her face in my hair.
God, she was something.
I slowed a little when I saw the door to the guild, not really wanting the walk to end, and I could've sworn she tightened her hold on my back (maybe because she thought I would drop her at any point). Which brought a question to my mind.
How am I meant to get her down?
Ahh.
At this point we were infront of the door, and I was just stood there like an idiot.
"Gajeel."
"..."
"You can put me down now."
"..."
"..."
"..."
"..."
"Uhh, yeh, uhh..."
"Bend down, and I'll slide off."
"Right."
"Okay."
"Yeh."
She landed lightly, and raised her eyebrows at me, a small smile on her face. I kept hold of her bag as we turned to face the door.
"Well then, shrimp." I pushed open the door to the guild, which was still pretty much empty. Levy looked up at me and I was struck by just how...delicate she was.
"If I'm a shrimp then you're a great white shark."
Then she flounced away, completely forgetting her bag, and went to sit with Wendy.
And though I told myself she was just weird and ridiculous I couldn't stop the grin which spread across my face.
"Damn right I am, shrimp."