Jace and Clary Sebastian is back after city of heavenly fire

all character, plots and rights to the amazing author Cassandra Clare

“I must say, for an unpleasing out scene, these pancakes are amazing,” Jace said and took in yet another mouthful of pancakes. I chuckled. It was 11 PM and Jace and I were at a diner. We decided to train for awhile, when Jace had a huge craving for pancakes. This was the only 24 hour diner we could find. A week ago I turned 17, and it has been 7 months since we destroyed Sebastian.

“I have great taste in 24 hour diners,” I said taking a sip from the coffee I ordered. I wasn’t hungry like Jace was.

“And for that, I thank you,” he leaned in and kissed me. Even though it was small, I still feel like I melted on the inside.  Cheesy, but true.

Jace smiled. “I love you, Clary.”

“I love you too and your weird pancake cravings.” He laughed, and finished his pancakes. We got up and exited the diner and go on the motorcycle we came on. I asked him if he stole it from a vampire and he just grined, so I left it there and decided not to argue. When we are in front of the institute, he turned the motorcycle off and helps me off.

“Oh, I see we are staying at the institute tonight?” I asked.

“Yes. Your mother called and I told her we would be training tonight late, and she said you could sleepover.”

“She said it that easily?”

“I summarized it. She still wants us to sleep in our OWN rooms.”

“I don’t blame her.”

“Why?”

“You are incredibly sexy and I sometimes don’t think I should be in the same room as you.”

He stopped me right in front of the institute door and grabbed my waist gently and pulled me to him. I looked up at him and he looked down. I silently curse my height shortage.

“I sometimes think the same for you.”

I laughed. “I am not sexy.”          

He dropped his head back dramatically. “Clary, you and your lies!” I laughed and we kissed. we were so deep in the kiss we didn’t hear the institute doors open.

“My eyes!” Isabelle said.

“Oh like you don’t do the same to Simon.” Jace said clearly unpleased by being disrupted. We walk in to the institute and upstairs.

I yawned. “You need some sleep.” Jace said.

“But that means I have to part from you.”

“I will see you in the morning Clary. Or you can always accidently sleepwalk into my room.” I surpressed a grin. We kissed and then I went into my room to change into pajamas.

3 hours later

I woke up sweating. And breathing fast. I looked at the clock. 2;36 AM. I had anightmare where all these demons were surrounding me, I had no weapons and they were hurting someone in front of me. At first I saw the blonde hair and thought it was Jace, but when he turned his face to me I realized it was Jonathan my dead brother who had been poisoned with demon blood when he wasn’t even born. I screamed, but nothing came out. He gave me a weak smile and said, “I will always protect you and love you sister.” Then the demon who was killing him looked at me and I saw Sebastian’s face. And then I woke up before he killed Jonathan. I was confused.

I got up and grabbed my steele and went into the bathroom. I rinsed my face and put on a silent rune so no one could hear me when I walked to Jace’s room. I opened his door and silently closed it. I stared at him for a couple of minutes thinking how peaceful he looked when sleeping. I climbed into his bed gently. 

“Clary?”

“Were you expecting someone else?”

Even in the dark I could feel him smile. He grabbed me so my head was on hischest and his one arm wrapped around my waits, his free arm holding my hand.

“Go to sleep Clary. I’m here.”

And so I did.

9 AM

I woke up and felt weird. When I turned my head and realized Jace was not there. I also heard voices downstairs. When I get out my pajamas and wearing jeans and a green t shirt, I went downstairs. In the kitchen I saw my mom, Luke, Jace, Isabelle and 2 other people who I suspected were shadowhunters.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. Everyone looked at me and looked like they didn’t want to tell me something.

“Clary…” Jace started but didn’t finish

 “What is it? what happened?” I wanted to know. I needed to know.

The one shadowhunter I didn’t recognize came more into view so he was 5 feet away from me.

“Sebastian is back,” he began. “and somehow, so is your actually brother.”

Before I could say anything, if I even could, a man with blonde hair stepped into the kitchen.

Jonathan.

To Be Continued.