Chapter 5: Amethyst

((Y/N)'s P.O.V.)

After my "hair situation" I made my way outside to begin my daily morning routine. I walked up to the hill I usually sit on to look at the city's skyline but this time, in the opposite direction, on the statue to be exact. I just love skylines. They remind me of how small the world actually is. Or at least I thought so...

But then I saw Steven outside, seemingly looking for someone. I giggled at this and decided to do a prank on him. It was at this moment I appeared behind Steven and patted his back.

(Y/N): "Are you looking for someone?"

Steven: "Woah!" he yelped. "You gotta stop doing that... But it's still awesome" again with those stars in his eyes.

Steven: "Anyways... Pearl, Garnet and me are going on a mission. Well it's just a gem retrieval one but you gotta do what you gotta do." he said, shrugging at the end."

(Y/N): "Are you really going to leave me with that purple thing? It scares me..."

Steven: "Her name's Amethyst and yes she can be weird sometimes but she's the most fun to be around. Just give her a chance." he said pleadingly.

(Y/N): "Fine..." How can I say no to that face...

(Later in the Beach House)

The mood in here seemed pretty boring since Amethyst and me didn't talk. I tried to find something to lighten up the mood a bit. Maybe a ridiculous pun might help. Hmmm but which one... which. one... Oh! I got one!

(Y/N): "So I guess you could say that "Two And A Half Gems" are on a mission now... eh?... eh?" Sweat assembled on my forehead as I grinned, waiting for an answer.

Amethyst looked at me for a second and began to laugh. Haha! (Y/N) 1 Boredom 0.

Amethyst: "That was the most ridiculous pun I've ever heard, dude." still laughing.

"And I thought you were this wanna-be-cool type."

(Y/N): "What can I say? I'm full of surprises hehe."

Amethyst: "Ugh, I'm hungry... Wanna go for a snack?"

(Y/N): "Sure why not?" At least that's better than being here the whole day...

(Timeskip to The Big Donut)

As we approached the door I walked in front of her and held the door open.

(Y/N): "After you, Mrs. Amethyst" grinning and bowing at the same time.

Amethyst: "Ah well thank you, Mr. (Y/N)." She entered and did the same thing as me.

We began giggled at that only to see Sadie and Lars looking at us confused.

Sadie: "So, (Y/N)... The usual?"

(Y/N): "Ahh. You know me. Only this time I'll take 30 of them."

Everyone except Lars, who was looking at his phone, gasped.

Amethyst: "So many donuts..."

Sadie: "Here you go: 30 donuts with Black and White frosting and vanilla cream inside."

(Y/N): "Thank you, Sadie and goodbye you two!"

Lars: "Yeah, goodbye..." Not looking away from his phone.

Sadie: "See ya!"

I paid and walked outside and saw Amethyst just staring at the bag with starry eyes. What is up with their eyes here?

(Y/N): "Geez, Amethyst... Are you really that hungry?"

Amethyst: "Must have..." she said, clearly drooling.

I gave her 20 of the donuts and decided to keep 3 for the other... well... 3. That leaves 7 for me. Yeah I can count...

After that Amethyst had the great idea of going to the beach where she turned into a surfboard and wanted me to surf. I decided to give it a try but failed miserably the first time.

But after about 12 times of failing I got the hang of it. And I gotta tell you I had such a blast. I can't remember the last time I felt this way. We laughed and had such a fun time. I must say, I thought hanging out with her would turn out to be disastrous. I guess Steven was right afterall...

After what felt like 1 hour of fun, we noticed that the sun went down. Wow, time must have really flew by fast.

We got out of the water and by the time we reached "my new home" we were dry again.

I noticed a bright light appearing in the house.

Amethyst: "They must be back now."

(Y/N): "Well let's go then." I took her in my arms and teleported to the house and placed her on the ground, paralyzed, with her hair standing back like Pearl. That must be the first time she's ever done this. Haha.

Pearl: "Oh, hey (Y/N). How was your day? And what happened to Amethyst?" she said, pointing to a stunned Amethyst with a drooling mouth. Pearl ran to her.

(Y/N): "It was alright. I had so much fun with her. Oh and about her... I ran with light speed and her in my arms."

Steven: "See? I told you she's not bad once you get to know her."

(Y/N): "Yeah. I guess you're right..." "And before I forget..." I said loudly pulling out the leftover donuts. "Who wants some donuts!?"

Steven: "(Y/N)... You couldn't know but Gems don't need food and as for Amethyst... She just has fun eating, that's all."

(Y/N): "Well then there's more for you..."

He took the donuts with this big grin on his face. I turned to face Amethyst who was trying to stand up. I grinned at this and walked to her and Pearl.

(Y/N): "Is everything alright, Amethyst?"

Amethyst: "Yeah... I just feel a little dizzy." she said, with a hand on her face.

(Y/N): "I'm sorry about that."

I turned to Garnet.

(Y/N): "So how did the mission go?"

Garnet: "It went great. It was just a routine mission after all." "And before I forget to tell you. We both will go on a mission tomorrow."

(Y/N): "Oh boy." I gulped at that sentence.

Steven: "Don't worry. With all the skills I've seen from you, you should come back in an instant."

Garnet: "Think of it as a test before you officially become a Crystal Gem."

(Y/N): "Okay. I'm going to show my loyalty tomo-- Umm... when exactly are we going to go?"

Garnet: "In 2 hours. You should probably get ready."

(Y/N): "WHAT!?"