Part 22 ✽Sunflower✽

Pixie could walk more than a yard without being hugged or greeted back. By the time she had made it to the classroom where the Serpents met it had taken her twenty minutes. She pushed open the door and before she could take a step Sweet Pea had already gathered her up in his arms. "Oh, Sweet Pea that's too tight. I was recently shot and then sewed up, you can't hold me like that," said Pixie and Sweet Pea let go of her. Lightly she hugged Jughead and Toni so her stomach wasn't hurt. "How are you?" asked Toni and Pixie replied "I am good. My stomach is sore but the painkillers are doing their job. I still have to take a little time off school but I will be back by the start of next week. I am expected to make a full recovery. My Mother is back in town but she hasn't been in contact. Thanks to Betty, I have been fully updated on what has happened while I saw in a medically induced coma. I have seen all of my friends so overall things are good."

The friends talked for a bit but then Pixie had to go back home. Unfortunately, she returned with the piles of schoolwork she missed. "What do you mean, you haven't gone to visit Dad?" asked Polly while they all played with the twins. "We're taking things one step at a time, Polly." reasoned Betty and Polly asked, "If we don't go visit him, how are we supposed to be able to forgive him?"  Pixie looked around to make sure this wasn't a prank. 

"Betty at the farm they taught us that forgiveness is the most valuable gift we can give. If we don't absolve him we will become what he was. Full of hate and my babies deserve a Mother who was better than that." said Polly and Alice added "Maybe Polly's right. I mean not about the forgiving him but about seeing him. Maybe that way we can get some answers or I can give him a piece of my mind." Pixie happily gave in her two cents. "I'm not going. I hate him. He was a bad person, he killed many people including my best friend. I don't care, he is blocked out of my life." said Pixie causing Polly to frown at her. "I agree with Pixie. Do what you want Mom but you two can count me and Pixie out."

Pixie was spinning around the kitchen at the Andrew's house making sure each Serpent was fed. She and Fred were having a blast making sure everyone was well fed. Sweet Pea watched her proudly from a doorway making sure no one got to close to her stomach. Since Pixie couldn't go to school and the Cooper house was downright depressing this provided a wonderful distraction. By the time it was lunch she had a full cooked meal and was already getting started on dinner. She was already a favorite among the Serpents but now they all raved about her. Pixie had been asked to gather for a Serpents only event. 

"Listen up now. Alright, listen up. Some 60 years ago, the first Serpent meeting took place on these same riverbanks. It makes sense that this is where we gather now. Where I, where I say my goodbye. Jughead, would you step up here son? I'm retiring from the Serpents. For real this time. Now, my boy, my boy has never stopped fighting for this crew. Hell, he almost died for it. That's why I'm giving you the mantle. And now as your first official duty as Serpent King." Toni handed FP a red Serpent Jacket and a white Serpent jacket to Sweet Pea. "Alright, alright all I can say is I love you Dad. And the Serpents will not die out. Not on my watch." The red Serpent jacket was placed around the shoulders of Cheryl Blossom. Pixie was so happy for her she didn't notice Sweet Pea and Fangs make their way to the makeshift stage. 

"You all know Pixie. You all like Pixie. This should have been done a while ago but we were a bit distracted. She has saved Serpent lives, defended Serpents, and taken a bullet for one of us. So Pixie get up here." said Fangs. Pixie slowly put the jacket on, making sure not to stretch her wound. The Serpents gave a cheer and Pixie felt comfortable. There were embroidered flowers running up and down the sleeves. It was a perfect combination of Pixie and the Serpents. 

"Ladies and gentleman, its been months in the making but we are finally here. Welcome to the new Southside." said Hiram and Penelope Blossom asked, "Where's your wife, Hiram?" She took a long sip leaving lipstick on the smooth glass. "Now that she's Mayor there are certain machinations she can't be privy to. But the plan remains the same. The prison will soon be up and operational. With your drugs running through it, Claudius. Malachai and his Ghoulies will be our soldiers and dealers, with Ms. Peabody troubleshooting and hopefully doing a better job than she did at killing Jughead Jones." said Hiram as he looked down at Pixie's mother. "He wasn't breathing when we left him." said Penny and Penelope said, "You promised me a brothel, Hiram." 

"All in good time, Madame Blossom." said Hiram and Clifford asked, "What about your daughter and her meddlesome friends?" It was a fair question to ask. "Not a concern. Steps have been taken to dissolve the very glue that holds them together." said Hiram and Penny said "Now speaking of daughters. Mine is off limits. She won't interfere like some children have. She was raised better than that but she is off limits." Penny didn't act like it but she did love her daughter. That night a letter was delivered to Pixie with $10,000 in cash just laying inside. "Skip town - Mom." was what the note inside read. She wasn't sure what to make of it so she slid it into a safe under her bed. Pixie would return to school soon and even though she was missing the student council election today she was happy for what would happen tomorrow. She was stupid though and she forgot about the people fighting over this town.