Part 12 ✽Iris✽

A man who had the same face as the dead Clifford Blossom walked through the open door. "Here, here, couldn't have said it better myself." said the man and Cheryl fainted. Pixie still wasn't sure as to why she was brought to the funeral. She wasn't a Cooper or a Blossom. Often Pixie just was asked if she wanted to go somewhere and she said yes because she didn't have anything better to do. So half the time she wasn't sure if she was meant to be there but every time she left someone asked her why and where she was going. 

Chic was sat at the dinner table while Polly, Pixie, and Betty set the table. "How soon do you think we can get those blood tests done? Do you think Dr. Patel works on weekends?" asked Polly and Alice answered, "I'll call and check." Pixie sat down and let out a deep breath unsure of where she now sat it this version of this family. "Polly, what's the rush?" questioned Betty and Polly said "I just wanna know how much money we're inheriting. Between you, me, Chic, and the babies, we could start our own version of the farm." Now nobody was that keen on this farm aside from Polly who seemed to think it was Heaven on Earth. "Um, I'm not getting my blood tested," said Chic interrupting Polly's fantasy of her very own cult. "Really, Chic? How come?" asked Betty and Chic replied, "Um, I don't know these people." 

"They are your cousins. We're all Blossoms, like it or not." said Polly and Alice laughed "Pixie and I aren't, thank the Lord." Alice almost shuddered at the mere thought of being apart of that bloodline. "I don't want their blood money." said Chic and Polly muttered, "Don't be stupid." Polly shook her head in disapproval. "I said I don't want their money. Besides needles trigger me." said Chic and Alice defended him "Polly, Betty, leave your brother alone. He can decide for himself." They ate dinner in silence with Alice talking at people instead of with them. 

The next day Pixie decided to sit with the Serpents at lunch instead of Midge and the Vixens. Sweet Pea had his arm wrapped possessively around Pixie's waist while Pixie ate her fruit salad, picking out the watermelon and marshmallows mainly. Midge walked over to where and the Serpents sat.  "Hey Pixie are you going to sit with us today?" asked Midge and Pixie answered, "Nah I'm going to sit with the Serpents today but I'll sit with you tomorrow, promise." Midge looked a little uncertain but she walked away none the less. Fangs eyes lingered on her just long enough for Pixie to notice the stare. 

After school Pixie was doing her homework in the lounge while Polly, Alice, and Betty played with the twins. Occasionally Pixie would play with one for a bit but she mainly let the Grandmother, Aunt, and Mother play with them. Chic walked down the stairs and stared at the two babies angrily. "Mom, I'm late for work, can you drive me?" shouted Chic very aggressively but Alice brushed him off "Not right now Chic, I'm with the twins. Take the bus or walk." Chic glared at the family before storming out of the door. As he left he had to refrain from slamming the door as hard as he could. 

Pixie went to work later that night. Pop's was mildly quite for the night but no one was too bothered. Pop Tate looked rather stressed but he got into his work. Soon enough he was swaying softly to the music pushing orders out. The diner filled up pretty quickly while Pixie danced around taking orders to the beat of the music. She was having a great time and on the bus ride home, she saw Jughead as she was leaving Pop's while he was going in to see his Dad. Unfortunately, Pixie's good mood was ruined when she walked into Betty and Pixie's shared bedroom. Polly and Betty had just gotten back from shopping for the twins then freaking out over the walk Chic took them for. Betty was sat on her bed looking down at a folded tissue with a dental floss sticking out of the end. "He is a bad person. I don't trust him at all," whispered Betty and Pixie answered in the same hushed voice. "Me too."

"Where's Betty," asked Polly the next morning while Pixie made an omelet. "With Jughead. Why do you ask Polly?" questioned Alice and Polly explained, "I'm going, Mom." Chic just drank his orange juice but Pixie froze. "Chic said it would only be a matter of time before you left us for the farm again," commented Alice clearly disapproving. "I'm not going to the farm, Mom. I'm driving west. San Francisco, maybe." scowled Polly and with equal aggression Chic commented "That's a nice city, Polly. I've been there. It's safe too, safe for the kids." Polly couldn't tell whether it was a weird comment or a threat, she assumed the latter though. "Will you at least let me say goodbye to my grandtwins?" asked Alice and Polly mumbled, "Of course."

"Drop us a note when you get to your new address when you get there, okay?" said Chic and Polly walked towards Pixie who was finishing her omelet. Polly hugged Pixie which was odd as they hadn't been that close. "Tell Betty I said goodbye and I love you, please. I hope you and Betty will be happy here." said Polly and Pixie replied "I'll make sure to let her know. If you need anything call Betty or me. Goodbye." Pixie hugged the twins one last time and gave them each a kiss on the forehead. Once the final goodbyes had been said and Polly had gotten on the road,  Alice and Pixie returned to the kitchen. When they returned Chic was taking a bite out of Pixie's omelet while staring at her daring her to say something.