Part 15 ✽Lilac✽

Pixie and Betty went to visit the Serpents the next morning. "God, why didn't you call me last night, Jug. I would have brought you and your crew blankets." asked Betty and Jughead answered "And you would have tried to stay the night. Besides Pixie almost did the exact same thing." Everyone looked at Pixie and she just shrugged. "Are you sure you're not going to get arrested for trespassing or protesting without a permit?" worried Betty but Jughead just answered "No, that's the beauty of all this Betty. If Sherrif Keller and his goons try to manhandle a bunch of teens peacefully trying to save their formal school, it will look ugly. Not to mention will probably go viral which at this point any publicity would be welcome. Also, see no one is going to mess with those guys over there." Jughead nodded to the Serpents who stood nearby but still far enough away. "Good point, I have some student council obligations with Veronica but I'll be back later tonight, okay?" said Betty and Jughead answered, "Go get em, Tracy Flick."

"We live in uncertain times but here is one thing I am very certain of. My girl Ronnie here, along with her running mate Betty Cooper has my vote to be Riverdale High's next President and Vice-President. And of course, we remind everyone especially the women to vote and be heard in this election." said Josie as Pixie stood next to Kevin in the crowd to support Betty. Ethel shoved a peice of paper in her hands exposing Veronica Lodge. She was horrified and nudged Kevin. "This is wrong, Kevin." said Pixie and Kevin agreed "That girl is more trouble than she is worth." Soon enough Ethel made her way to the front of the room. "Whats going on? Where did you get all this information?" asked Veronica and Ethel answered "Doesn't matter. It's the truth, isn't it?"

"It doesn't matter I told you that we were making amends. I told you that your Dad would get a job offer." defended Veronica and Ethel scoffed "You mean your half-hearted bribe? Yeah, too little, too late." Betty began to walk out and pulled Pixie with her. "B, wait" cried out Veronica but she was storming out. "This is insane," mumbled Kevin under his breath. "Thanks for the intel Josie," said Ethel once the friends had left. "No problem. The Lodges have hurt a lot of people this year. Your family, my family. We girls gotta stick together." answered Josie while in the bathroom Betty confronted Veronica. Pixie, on the other hand, was on her way to the school.

"That bitch." cried Pixie as she stormed over to the Serpents handing them copies of the papers Ethel handed out. "Arabella Emma Peabody if you swear again I will pull the flower off of every single stem in this town." shouted Fangs. Pixie quickly covered her mouth with her hands in horror at herself. "Please don't." whimpered Pixie before continuing "Don't hurt the flowers." Fangs laughed so Pixie stomped her heel down on his toes making him whimper now. "It doesn't surprise me that Veronica forgot to mention that she knew the school would close. Of course, Mummy and Daddy would keep her in the loop," said Jughead and the Serpents all agreed. Soon enough they had all gone home though leaving Jughead behind.

With an envelope filled to the brim with her Pop's money Pixie walked into a car dealership. "Hi, Miss what can I help you with today?" asked a salesman and Pixie answered "Hi can I please get a scooter. Something small and cheap that I can ride around. My friends have motorbikes but I don't have the time to get a motorbike license." After showing her a few options Pixie drove out of the store on a brand new light blue scooter.

"Save our school. Save our school. Save our school. Save our school. Save our school. Save our school. Save our school. Save our school." chanted Pixie and some other citizens outside where the Serpents were chained up. Soon the boys wrestling team walked through the crowd pushing Pixie to the ground. Sweet Pea and Fangs were about to hurt someone when Pixie stood up fine. "Cops may let you by, but you come in here acting like a big man and I'll knock you down," said FP but Jughead stopped him "Dad, don't. They throw you in jail. Don't give them an excuse." That made FP stand down leaving the two once best friends to stand in front of each other. "I'm sorry Jughead," said Archie and Jughead answered "Me too. I'm not gonna fight you, Archie. Look around. Might have taken a couple days but now people know what Hiram's doing. What's happening here. This fight is not going to go away. We're not going to go away. So go on. Cut us down. I want them to see you do it." With his hands held out in front of him Jughead's chains were cut away.

The next day before the PTA election Pixie wondered. She wondered how things would have been if her Great Uncle hadn't passed away. When would her Mother come back. It never took her Mother long to come and get her and move her life around a bit. She was slowly saving for college and while she had dipped into a little bit of the fund, with the money she had earned at the money her Great Uncle had left her she would make it through college for sure. One day she would be away from her Mother's grasp. Pixie didn't know much about her Father but she knew where he was from and what his name was. Once she graduated college Pixie planned to move to his home country of Switzerland. She had Swiss German and Swiss French to make it easier. Once in Switzerland Pixie would be far from her Mother's grasp and she hoped to one day find her Father.