Part 17 ✽Hyacinth✽

"Has you shagging up together driven you both completely insane? Talking to the sheriff's son about that car. You didn't think that was going to raise any red flags?" shouted Alice and Pixie wasn't sure as to why she was there. "No, Kevin didn't suspect anything." said Betty and Jughead continued "And at least we know whats going on now." Pixie started moving towards the door. "Yeah which is that Chic's drug dealer stole someone's car before he made his run to our house," said Betty clearly accusing Chic of something. "Dwayne didn't have wheels. He was always borrowing his girlfriend's car." defended Chic and Betty said "Someone called the shady man's phone while I had it. And she sounded like a crazy person but not like there was a lot of love lost between her and Dwayne."

"That could be Darla," reasoned Chic and Alice asked, "Is this Darla somebody that we need to be worried about?"  Pixie was about to leave when Chic said "I didn't know. I don't really know her." shockingly to everyone. "Shocker, gee Chic. Have you ever actually been helpful to anyone, ever?" asked Betty and Alice shouted "Enough Elizabeth." while FP shouted "Alright let's stick to the plan. This has nothing to do with us. Dwayne stole Darla's car, Darla got it back. Let's hope it ends there." Soon enough Alice was shouting again. "And pack your things, Betty. Because this honeymoon is over. Over. You two playing house and running around like loose cannons is beyond the pale. We don't want Hal finding out about this. The last thing we need is for him to be sticking his nose in it."

"I'll move out. I'll get a place, Betty. It's your house it's not mine." interrupted Chic and Betty agreed "Fine. I'll come back home after Chic's gone." Alice was not going to have any of that. "Oh, I'm done with your ultimatums, young lady. You're coming home, now. And if you don't back me up on this one FP I will tear this trailer apart with my bare hands." Betty let out a sigh in defeat. "If Chic is moving out can I have Polly's old room since no one is going to be using it?" asked Pixie and Alice nodded. "Fine, I'll get my stuff." sighed Betty and Alice said, "I'll help you pack." Alice was happy she won but Betty was defeated. The family dynamic was shattered.

"He thought he could sniff out how much I knew. Isn't that right Chicity? But there's no playing a player. I saw right through him." said a woman as Pixie walked through the front door. It had been a long shift at Pop's and she just wanted to crawl up into bed. "Now who is this doll. Oh you must be Pixie." said Darla and Pixie answered, "Hello Darla nice to meet you." Darla hesitantly shook the hand Pixie extended. "It's okay, Dwayne was a heel. I wouldn't be surprised if he stole my car to pick up some floozy only to get himself killed. Like I told Chic I don't particularly care about what happened to Dwayne. I don't see any reason to ask any questions about him. Especially not if I get the ten grand he owes me. I get that and I'm a happy camper who'll be out of your lives forever and ever, amen. If not, well then. I might just have to have a long talk with that handsome sheriff of yours."

"Sheriff Keller is in a relationship." said Pixie and Alice asked "We don't have that kind of money on hand but if we get the money for you we are done here, right? You'll leave no questions asked?" Alice looked over to Darla for an answer while Pixie raised her warm cup to her mouth. "Zip my mouth and throw away the key," said Darla while she mimed the actions. "Okay, we'll go to the bank and make a withdrawal." said Alice but Darla interrupted "Nah uh uh. One of you goes." Pixie poured everyone a fresh cup of tea and they all sipped. "Betty then, Betty will go." said Alice and Pixie protested "Can I go to? I need to deposit my latest check from Pop's into my account." Darla looked slightly shocked but she recovered. "All right then. You can go with her. You really are a strange little bird."

"Mom, the banks not open until nine tomorrow morning." said Betty and Darla answered, "I don't mind waiting, got any board games." Pixie quickly ran to the board game cupboard and got out Dominion her favorite game. By the time morning had come Pixie had won every game aside from seven. They had played card games, every board game in the house, and a very intense game of hide and seek. "It's our joint account so you shouldn't have any trouble," said Alice and Betty nodded. "Hey," said Darla as she grabbed Betty's arm. "Straight to the bank and right back Blondie." Betty pulled her arm out of Darla's grasp. The two got in the car and drove away. As much as Betty wanted to drive straight to Jughead she knew she couldn't. Pixie was too calm and too okay with everything that was happening.

Betty got out the money and Pixie deposited her check. They were just about to leave when they got a call from Alice. "Hey, Mom, I'm just about to head out." said Betty and Alice answered, "No, Elizabeth there's another one in the house now." Pixie couldn't hear what Alice was saying but what Betty said made her alarmed. "What, what are you talking about?" asked Betty and Alice whispered, "The guy that attacked Chic at the hostel, that manager." Betty grabbed onto Pixie's hand for support. "Oh my God, should I call someone?" asked Betty and Alice ordered, "I don't know just Elizabeth, whatever you do, do not come home." Alice hung up and Betty looked at Pixie distressed. "What do we do?" asked Betty and Pixie smiled "I have an idea."