Part 8 ✽Freesia ✽

I was coming home from work after a rather uneventful night she walked up to the front door as Betty was opening it. "Hey girls, perfect timing. We were just about to have dinner." said Alice but Betty just answered " Oh no, I'm not hungry. I have a ton of homework." So Alice, Chic, and Pixie all awkwardly at dinner alone missing half of the Cooper family. Alice and Chic just ignored the fact and talked while Pixie worried about Betty's conscience. While Pixie's mother had in a way bred her to be stone cold, even though it didn't work Pixie was never bothered by blood or death or quilt. A gene ran through her blood that gave her mother the ability to defend guilty people or hurt innocent people. Unfortunately for Betty she didn't possess this strange yet useful ability.

When Pixie returned to her shared bedroom she found Betty writing down the contents of a phone. Just from looking at it Pixie knew it belonged to that man. "Betty if you are going to do that lock the door. Chic or Alice could walk in at any moment. Also turn off the GPS." warned Pixie before slowly making her way to Betty with her arms held up. Despite being shorter then Betty, Pixie held her close and Betty whispered "If anyone tried to hurt you I... I would." Pixie shushed Betty and replied "I know but let's not talk like that." The two of them then went to bed however Betty didn't sleep. Instead while she thought Pixie was asleep she returned to her desk and continued to write out the messages. Pixie wasn't asleep though and she just let out a sigh before turning over and shutting her eyes as Betty continued.

The next morning Pixie was sitting at the table as Betty was yelling "You lied to us. That shady guy wasn't one of your customers. He was a drug dealer. It's all in here. Hundreds of messages from junkies looking for a fix. Including one from Chic the night of..." Betty was cut off when Alice asked "Betty why in God's name should you go back there." Betty just yelled back "To make sure in broad daylight that no one could see him from the trail." She slammed her hand on the table and Alice began reaching for the phone as she said "Give that to me before someone tracks that right back to this house." Betty rolled her eyes and shouted "No, I turned off the GPS. And you're missing the point here, okay? Chic lied about the shady guy. What else is he lying about, huh?" Chic's eyes were filling with tears but Betty was having none of it. "Excuse me? Are you kidding me? No one is buying the waterworks." said Betty and Alice ordered "That's enough Elizabeth." Alice pulled her out of the room before continuing "You keep this up and you will get us all caught."

"He's the one who will get us caught by not telling us everything that we need to know, Mom." said Betty and Alice answered "What that person in the sewer pipe was a drug dealer? Frankly I'm relieved. A transient like that hopefully means that no one is looking for him." Pixie began taking her plate up knowing that this might take awhile. "Um I hate to break it to you, Mom. But drug dealers still have families." snapped Betty but Alice just retorted "What's done is done Elizabeth. The only family you should be worried about is your own." Out of the corner of Pixie's eye she saw Chic smile widely. A shudder was sent down her spine, she didn't trust that boy, not one bit.

Pixie was working a shift in Pops all day and it was nice to return to some sort of routine after the chaos that had ensued during breakfast. She was pouring coffee for some of the girls at her high school when one of the grabbed her arm as she turned away. "Hey, you're Pixie right? I like the new haircut. I might be biased but I love short hair. You should come to a training for the River Vixens, see if you like it. If you do then join and I don't have to be the only Vixen with short hair." Pixie observed the girls short brown hair and said "Thanks for the offer but I really can't dance. What's your name?" The girl laughed at this and giggled "I think everyone can dance. I'm Midge by the way." Midge held her hand out and Pixie shook it. "Anyway come to practice in the gym tomorrow, I think that you will like it." Pixie nodded and went to grab the check.

Hours later Sweet Pea and some of the younger Serpents walked through the doors and found themselves a booth. Fangs called Pixie over and asked "How's life?" She just shrugged and her eyes wandered to Sweet Pea who was clearly avoiding her gaze. "Can I talk to you outside?" Asked Sweet Pea with clenched fists. "Yeah I have my break in 12 minuets so just wait a tick and I'll meet you at the bikes." said Pixie before returning to help some other customers. The twelve minutes passed with Sweet Pea watching Pixie methodically work like a hawk. Fangs looked at him suspiciously as he didn't trust anyone with the girl he adopted as his sister even if it was his best friend. Sweet Pea had always been to dangerous and withdrawn from anyone aside from the Serpents to be a player.

The longest twelve minutes of those Serpents lives ended and Sweet Pea was leaning on his motorbike as Pixie approached him. When Pixie reaches him he commented "So we kissed." Pixie answered "I liked it" and he said "So did I." They sat there in awkward silence for a bit then Pixie broke it "Well you said I was beautiful and I think you're pretty cute so do you wanna go on a date?" Asked Pixie and Sweet Pea frowned. "I'm not cute, no one calls me cute." Pixie let out a laugh and answered "Your name is literally Sweet Pea which is a flower that grows in almost every vibrant colour, it has a fragile yet sweet scent. Either you really love irony or you are as cute as a button." Sweet Pea watched in shook as Pixie tapped him nose and then walked inside. He would normally be mad but at this point all he wanted to do was snog her senseless against a wall.