chapter XI

Alexander and Jessie stared in awe at both Foxy and Bonnie, who sat together behind the flower shop's counter. The two aforementioned teens were seated opposite of the older couple where they had just witnessed Foxy gingerly brush lips across Bonnie's ear, adding a flirty comment to his actions and making the kids blush from secondhand embarrassment. Despite cursing at the red-haired man, Bonnie wore a bashful smile which he tried to force into a frown, yet his rosy, pink complexion betrayed him.

"How... How long have you been dating?" Alex finally asked, wondering if such a question would seem rude. 

"About as long as you two have, I think," Bonnie replied, referring to younger pair. 

Foxy clicked his tongue. "Didn't we go on our first date on the same day little Alex here bought flowers for his first date?"

Jessie giggled at the annoyed look Bonnie gave Foxy. "That's so cute! We should go on a double date!" 

Upon hearing her suggestion, Alex sputtered and went on to mumble something about how the older men would be present to see them kiss and do other intimate things, while Bonnie gawked at the brunette with a slack jaw and questioning eyes. 

"I think that's a great idea," Foxy encouraged the young girl, his tone being unusually sweet just for the purpose of pissing off his significant other. 

"You don't want two grown men following you around. It's creepy," Bonnie butted in, glaring at Foxy. He obviously had some kind of plan hatched up. 

"Well, we're just going to the movies tonight, so you guys wouldn't be bothering us or anything," Alex said, slowly coming around to his girlfriend's idea for a double date. 

"We'll just think of you guys as chaperones," Jess grinned, as her round, rosy cheeks became smooshed from the tug of her radiant smile. By now, Bonnie had decided he already liked her, and it was only his first time meeting her. She was just too sweet for anyone's good. 

Looking to the side, Bonnie watched Foxy raise his eyebrows, expecting the florist to give his final consent to join the younglings on their nightly adventure. Bonnie pondered the pros and cons of intruding on the kids' date, but he still wasn't convinced enough to go. 

"Okay, be honest. You two don't really want us there, do you?" Bonnie tried to weasel his way out of going. 

Alex and Jess exchanged a quick reassuring glance, and turned their attention back to the older men. "Of course we want you guys to come with us. We can tell stories, joke around, and do a lot of other stuff, too," Jess answered, sounding rather joyous about the situation at hand. 

"If it'll help you change your mind, Jessie and I are planning on watching that one comedy with the two cops trying to outshine a group of snobby heroes," Alex informed them, smiling with earnest while his giant, green eyes screamed 'excitement' at the mention of heroes. 

"Isn't that a little condescending to your dream of being a hero?" Bonnie skepticized.

Alex's cheeks quickly went red from slight embarrassment, and Jess teased him about his perplexed expression. "Th-this is different. The heroes in this movie aren't even real, just actors..."

Bonnie and Foxy both snorted. 

"You're a strange kid," Foxy chuckled to himself.