Chapter VIII

Oh yeah, and there's some sexual content at the bottom. Nothing too crazy happens, yet. But you can just skip it and I'll summarize it at the bottom.

"What the hell is that?" Foxy questioned, suddenly, as he hinted at the finished clay work resting in Bonnie's palm.

"It's a fox," Bonnie plainly stated, lifting the tiny yet slim sculpture of a fox up to Foxy's eye level for a better view. "See?"

While eyeing one of the finer details of the clay mammal, Foxy knitted his brows at one of the Fox's particular features. It seemed to have spikes all over what he assumed was a helmet or something. This was definitely no ordinary fox, that's for sure...

"Er, what that hell is happening with its head? It's all spiky."

"It's supposed to be hair. Your hair, actually. If it was painted, you'd understand," Bonnie clarified, pausing for a brief moment to scoot his chair away from the desk he was working at and standing up.

"My hair?"

"Yeah, you know... because your name is Foxy... And the first half of your name sounds like 'fox.'" Bonnie pointed at the little fox and shot Foxy a crooked smile. "Get it? Foxy... and 'Fox-e?' They both sound the same kinda... but with different letters..."

When no response came from his neighbor other than a humorless stare, Bonnie felt so embarrassed to the point where he had to clear his throat awkwardly and slightly turn his body away to hide the humiliation blossoming on his face. Perhaps, that wasn't as clever as he would have liked it to be...

Yet as if the gods had found pity in Bonnie's poor attempt at making a joke, they granted bonnie with the gift of Foxy's highly amused chuckles spilling out of his lips to soothe the shorter man's damaged ego. In fact, bonnie's come to love that relieving sound. Either that, or Foxy actually found something else to laugh about, like the constipated facial expression he always wore when his embarrassment became unbearable.

"Seriously?" Foxy said through his dying laughter.

Bonnie pursed his lips with an indifferent shrug, and then he wandered off to set the "fox-e" Fox on one of his shelves where the surface was relatively clean. On his walk back to his chair, however, Bonnie caught Foxy smiling at him as if he had something snarky to say, which he almost always did.

"Can I tell you something?" Foxy asked, right on cue. Of course, Bonnie prepared himself for the downgrading that was soon to come. There was never really a dull moment with this man. "You were actually sort of cute just now. I'm going to have to cherish this moment for the rest of my life."

The word "cute" was utterly foreign to Bonnie, and it took him a good seven seconds for him to recognize the fact that Foxy had actually said something... nice. Not that Bonnie had ever been emotionally hurt by some of the insults Foxy slung at him, but this small compliment made it feel like thousands of feathers we're tickling his heart. He didn't know foxy had it in him.

"I'll have to cherish this moment, too. The moment where you learned how to give a proper compliment," Bonnie fired back with a smile, sitting down next to Foxy once again and wiping his clay-covered hands on his apron before watching Foxy's activity.

Currently, Foxy was whittling away at a block of softwood using the various knives and tools provided in Bonnie's wood carving kit. With further observations, Bonnie made it out to be a single daffodil where the edges of the petals were sometimes smooth and sometimes jagged. But it was clearly a daffodil, crafted surprisingly well by Foxy himself. The man didn't even have to use a reference to sketch out all of the details.

"Have you done wood carving before?" Bonnie voiced his thought, meanwhile, gathering all of his clay tools to begin cleaning up.

For a short second, Foxy glanced to the side and cocked a smile towards Bonnie before returning his focus to the point chisel in his hand as it picked away at some unwanted wood. "I've dabbled in it. Why? You impressed?"