14: Little John

It's been a day since Rosa found her old home. A day since I told her a little bit about my life before I met her. It's true everything I told her about my mother dying. Later on she asked about my Dad and I told her I didn't know who he was. I grew up without one, my mother seemed sad whenever I brought it up so I stopped asking. We were getting close to camp, we were six days late. Robin probably went to look for us by now. It seems Rosa was starting to warm up to the idea of seeing Robin again. She said she had forgiven me, never did she mention forgiving Robin.

"I guess when we get there we won't be able to tell Robin's men that I'm a witch? Especially since they despise witches," Rosa commented.

I looked over at Rosa, "they just don't know you like I do and once they do they will get over themselves and be friends with you."

"Really?" Rosa asked.

"Really," I repeated. "Looks like we are much closer. Just in case let's dismount so they know to at least wait before shooting at us."

Together we both got off our separate horses and walked up to the hidden camp. A man pulled out a knife sticking it to my throat. I chuckled grabbing the man and twisting him around, I tsk.

"Peter how many times do I have to tell you, watch who you point that at," I teased.

"Little John?" Peter asked surprised as I held his face against a tree.

"The one and only," I said letting go.

Peter turned around, "I'm glad your back whose your friend-"

Peter froze in his spot as he stared at Rosa, "You're...you're..." Peter stuttered.

Rosa took a bow with a smirk on her face, then pulled her hood off revealing herself to Peter, "It seems my reputation upholds me."

"But-but she's..." Peter stammered.

"Little Red Riding Hood," I said for him.

Rosa stuck her tongue out at me, "I am not little."

I rolled my eyes at her.

Rosa shot me a look then brought her hand up to shake Peter's, "You can call me Red."

Slowly Peter shook her hand then stood back, "I will go tell the others you are here."

With that he ran off.

Rosa chuckled, "that was fun."

I smirked, "Scaring a little boy is fun to you?"

Rosa shrugged, "I cannot help it that he buys into everything he hears about Red Riding Hood."

"Let's introduce you to the rest of the gang before they realize who you are," I said.

I introduced Rosa to everyone from the merry men's wives, kids, and the merry men themselves; she told them to call her Red never revealing to them her real name. A lot of them had figured out who she was and a few mothers whispered to their children to stay away from her; Rosa didn't let it get to her she said she expected as much. She then told me to not let anyone know her real name and that when I am around others I need to call her Red, but when it's just us she will be okay with me calling her Rosa.

"Little John?" Peter asked approaching me.

"Yes," I answered.

"Robin introduced us to his new girl and said as soon as you got back to send you to see him if he was with her when you came back," Peter delivered.

"Wait he's not gone?" I asked surprised.

"Why would he be?" Asked Peter confused.

I shook my head, "No reason. Go back to guard duty I will see Robin."