Chapter 22

A few months pass by.

Everything went well for Marinette and Adrien. They hung out a lot during school. After patrol, they'd talk until they couldn't keep their eyes open.

Sometimes they'd go to Marinette's room, where they'd talk over some croissants and a hot cup of chocolate. Other times they'd go to Adrien's room where they'd play with all the games in his room, unbothered. Nothing inappropriate happened. They both said they were going slow.

Taking it slow was the right decision. It gave them time to truly get to know each other fully and decide their true feelings.They both felt as if they had fallen for each other all over again.

Chat sat on Marinette's bed, nervously playing with his hands. Marinette was downstairs retrieving snacks. It was a Saturday night and he wanted to go see her. He wanted to make things official and ask her to be his girlfriend.

After a few more moments of Chat sitting nervously, Marinette came back upstairs with some sweets and cheese for Plagg. She placed the tray on her desk. Chat destransformed and Tikki and Plagg flew to their treats.

Marinette grabbed a croissant for Adrien and a macaroon for herself. She went up to her bed and sat down next to him, giving him the croissant.

She took a bite of her treat and raised a brow, noticing Adrien was nervous. "Hey are you alright?" she asked. Adrien gulped. "I-i have something to a-ask you," he stuttered.

Marinette looked at him with a concerned look. He rarely stuttered. "What is it?" she asked.

"Marinette, will you be my girlfriend?"

Marinette's eyes widened and her heart skipped a beat. She knew he loved her and they had shared a few small kisses every now and then, but making it official was different. She had been waiting patiently for this day and it finally arrived.

"Yes!" she jumped on top of him and hugged him. They both fell back on her bed and they laughed. "About time!" Plagg grumbled from below. "Oh leave them be!" Tikki exclaimed.

They both shook their heads and chuckled.

"Can I get a kiss from my lovely girlfriend?"

"I would love to give a kiss to my wonderful boyfriend."

"God, you two are gross," Plagg groaned.

They both laughed and shared a kiss.

"How are going to do this," Marinette asked, slightly out of breath. "What do you mean?" Adrien asked. "Well, Alya thinks I'm over you and still in love with Chat. So if she sees us both in civilian, she'll start asking. Same for our alter-egos."

"That is true... We can probably tell her. Do you think we can trust her not to tell?" he asked. Marinette and Tikki exchanged glances. Alya had helped them a few times as Rena Rouge.

Marinette smiled, "She can be trusted."

Monday morning Marinette and Adrien walked into class holding hands. Alya and Nino were already in their seats and were chatting away. When Alya noticed, her eyes widened and she gasped.

They both smiled at her and sat down in their seats. "We need to talk," Alya hissed. "During lunch," Marinette replied.

"Dude, when you did and Mari become a thing?!" Nino asked, excited for both of his friends. "Saturday," he grinned.

Alya overhead and looked over at Mari, "How come I'm just barely finding out?! What about Chat?" Alya was confused. Last time she checked, Marinette was in love with Chat and Adrien was her bestfriend.

Marinette laughed, "I'll explain later."

Class ended and they began walking to their usual place. As they walked, Alya grabbed Marinette's arm and pulled her back, the boys walking in the front.

"Can you explain now?" she hissed. Marinette smiled, "Sure." She stopped and turned to her friend. She pulled her hair back and showed her earrings. "I'm Ladybug, and that over there," she motioned to Adrien, "is Chat Noir." She fixed her hair and walked away, leaving her friend standing with her jaw open.

"WAIT!!" Alya ran after the group. Adrien chuckled.

They sat down at a table and ordered their food. After a few incoherent mumbling and more explanation, Alya rested her head on her hands. "Ok so you're telling me, you two, my closest friends, are Ladybug and Chat noir?!" she whisper-shouted, trying to keep people from listening. Marinette and Adrien both nodded. "Yes... as we explained 3 times already," Adrien chuckled.

"Why are we just finding out?" Alya asked. "Because, not to be rude, I wasn't sure if I could've trusted you to keep it a secret. But since you know... you're Rena, it's ok for you to know."

"They had to have built trust in us, Alya," Nino said. "It's so cool though, that my bestfriend is a superhero!"

"No posting about it-"

"On the Ladyblog or anywhere, we know," Alya rolled her eyes with a grin. "So, you guys actually decided to go slow?" she asked. "Yeah, a lot of things were rushed..." "Like you two having sex."

"Alya!" Marinette's face turned completely red and Adrien choked on his drink. Alya and Nino chuckled.

"Have you two done it since?" Alya asked.

"Ok enough questions! Let's eat before we're late to class!" Marinette exclaimed.

~~~~~~~~~

Ok but Plagg is literally mood.

Sadly this story has come to an end! Tragic I know. I'll write en epilogue when I get the chance ♡ the more votes, the more encouragement I have to write (:

For the meantime, please go check out His Mute Princess! I put so much love and effort into that story and I personally find it better than this one. (Mainly because I already had the idea going in and it flows much better, unlike this one which I winged the entire thing lmao.)