Chapter 21

Chat used his cataclysm to destroy all the tables in their way. He stood up and helped Marinette up.

She stared up at him with wide eyes. "A-adrien.. y-you'r-" "We don't have time my lady. You need to go transform. We can discuss this later. Are you hurt badly?"

Marinette just shook her head, still in shock. "Good, now go transform." She left and did so.

They went after the waitress and after a lengthy battle, defeated her. Throughout the entire battle they barely said a word to each other. They only spoke what was necessary. Many thoughts were running through her mind. Adrien was Chat Noir. It wasn't something that could easily sink in.

On their way back to school, they didn't speak either. This made Adrien worried. Did she not like him anymore? She was over Adrien so does that mean she doesn't love Chat either now?

They both made the excuse that they were caught up in the akuma attack. Nino and Alya backed this up, saying the akuma was a waitress where they were eating. A few students were missing as well so they were let off the hook.

When school ended, Marinette left quickly. Adrien didn't have time to talk to her. He tried going after her but his ride was already there.

Marinette made her way inside her room and sat down at her desk. She propped up her elbows on the table and held her head with her hands. Tikki flew out of her bag and over to her.

"Marinette? Are you ok?" the kwami asked concerned. "I just don't know how to feel Tikki... yeah I mean it's great that the boy I used to love and the one I love now are the same but... that means he played with my feelings! When Chat came to my room and kissed me, he was with Abby as Adrien! He led me on! He messed around with me as Chat and broke my heart as Adrien..."

At this point Marinette was tearing up, "I know it's been over a month since that all happened, but it still hurts to know that."

"Just talk to him, Mari. Don't make any rash decision. Right now you are hurt and in shock. Talk to him during patrol. You two just fixed your friendship, you wouldn't want to ruin it again."

Marinette sighed, "You're right Tikki, I should just ask him why he did that."

Adrien lay on his bed, millions of thoughts running through his head. Ladybug didn't talk to him after what happened. He had no choice though. He had to transform and use his cataclysm. Did knowing who he was change the way she felt?

Did her dislike of Adrien get in the way of her love for Chat? While his thoughts were driving him crazy, Plagg sat on the couch, happily munching away at his cheese.

Adrien kept quiet, not uttering a single word. "Hey kid, you still alive?"

"Ha ha, very funny Plagg," Adrien rolled his eyes. "Look kid, you got yourself into another mess, again, so you need to fix it."

Adrien sat up, "How? She hates me."

"Oh calm down Romeo," Plagg rolled his eyes, "she does not. Marinette is too sweet for that and you know it. She's confused. Like I told you before, you played around with her as Chat and then broke her heart as Adrien. She's upset."

"How the hell am I going to fix it though?"

"Let me finish! And give me more camembert!" Adrien sighed and stood up. He gave him a piece of camembert and sat on the couch.

Plagg ate it in a few bites and sighed happily. "Ok so, what you need to do, is talk to her."

"No shit."

"No seriously, she's going to want to know why you did what you did."

Adrien froze. Did he even know why he did it? He wasn't sure himself. It came out of nowhere and he wasn't sure if he could even explain himself.

"It's almost time for patrol, talk to her then."

Ladybug sat at the edge of the Eiffel Tower. She played nervously with her pigtails. What was she going to say? What was he going to say? Will she be able to look at him in the face?

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a soft thud behind her. She tensed up and sat up straight. Chat walked over and sat down next to her. Neither made eye contact nor said a word.

They kept quiet.

"I'm sorry," Chat broke the silence. Ladybug slightly glanced at him. "I know you're upset and hurt. I completely understand. I understand if you hate me."

She blinked and looked at him in shock. Did he really think she could hate him. "I don't hate you, I love you. I just don't understand why you messed with my heart like that."

"I don't know why I kissed you. I don't know what came over me." It's called hormones, chuckled Plagg from inside the ring. "I guess I had started having feelings for you and I never noticed. After doing all those things to you, I felt so guilty. You were being humiliated and it was all my fault. I felt like I had to step in; I had to do something. I was stupid and I wasn't aware of your feelings for Adrien. I did what I thought would be best but it clearly wasn't. I just made things worse and created more problems and lies. I'm really sorry Marinette. I love you and I never meant to hurt you. I hope you can forgive me."

Ladybug smiled, "Of course I forgive you. I love you too."

He smiled and pulled her in for a hug. She wrapped her arms around his torso and laid her head on his chest. He rested his chin on her head and held her close.

Ladybug thought of what Alya had told her earlier that day.

"If you two are taking it slow, then by all, means, go slow!"

Maybe they should go slow. Too many things happened too fast. It would be best to wait.

"Chat?"

"Yes princess?"

"Can we take things slow?"

"Of course princess."

~~~~~~~~~~

jazzyfizzle518 tbh if it weren't for Ej the story wouldn't have been so touchy feely. He's turning me into an emotional person like him and I don't like it ew

Updates will most likely slow down since I'm starting school tomorrow :(