Chapter 4

Marinette reluctantly got up to go to school. She didn't want to be there. She already knew Adrien had asked Abby out. He said he liked ladybug and he thinks it's her so why wouldn't he have?

She walked past the huddled group that had once again formed in the middle of the building. She didn't really want to see anyone. Her eyes were still puffy from all her crying. It was a good thing she decided to just walk by. If she had stopped, she would've seen Adrien holding Abby's hand.

He had gotten to school and the second he saw her, he ran to her. He was just too excited. "Hey Abby, do you think we could go on a date today?" he asked, a slight blush on his face. She giggled, "Yes!"

He smiled and took her hand in his. From inside his bag his Kwami groaned. Idiot. Dense idiot.

Students took immediate notice and all huddled around the pair. They were all saying all sorts of things and asking questions.

"Are you guys a thing?"

"What about Chat Noir?"

"Wow Adrien, how'd you do it?"

"Yeah, way to go!"

"You're so lucky Abby!"

Marinette made it to the classroom. She was the only one there. "Tikki what am I going to do? Should I tell someone?" she asked, sitting down. "Mari, you can't reveal yourself and you know that," she responded. "You need to think of something else, if people really so believe she's ladybug, then so does Hawkmoth. Meaning now she's a main target."

Marinette sighed. This was too much for her. She didn't want to deal with this. "This is so frustrating!"

"What is?"

Marinette quickly jolted up to see Abby standing at the door. "O-oh uh, just sc-school stuff..." she mumbled. Abby tilted her head in confusion, she noticed the girl's puffy eyes but smiled anyways. She walked over and sat next to her. "We haven't officially met yet, Marinette right?"

Marinette just nodded. She was looking down at her desk. She didn't want to look at a liar. Abby smiled and twirled her hair, "you must already know who I am, the wonderful and amazing ladybug!"

Marinette looked up at her and smiled at her weakly. "It's so cool that you're ladybug," she said. "Right?"

The bell rang and people started walking into the classroom. "Maybe we can be friends!" she said as she walked to the back of the class. Marinette didn't respond.

She seems... nice? Why is she pretending to be ladybug? She doesn't seem to have any malicious intent.

Class went by in a blurr and soon it was lunch time. "Hey Mari, Nino and I are heading out for lunch, want to join?" Alya asked, gathering her things. "Sure," she smiled.

"Mind if we join?" asked Adrien standing next to Abby. Marinette didn't turn around. Her back was facing them. "Sure dude," replied Nino.

All five students walked to a near cafe. They all sat down and ordered their food. Alya kept on going on how amazing Abby was for being ladybug. Marinette tuned out their voices, she was looking down at her hands. She didn't want to hear them. She just wanted to leave but that would be rude.

"Hey Marinette, why were you crying?" Abby asked. Marinette froze. She didn't look up and continued to look down at her hands.

"W-what?" she managed to choke out.

Abby frowned, "Your eyes were puffy this morning." All the attention was on Marinette now. Alya and Nino both looked concerned and Adrien mentally slapped himself. That was all his fault. He had made her cry.

"As ladybug I want to help you, if there's-" Marinette got up before she finished and left. She ran off leaving her friends behind, yelling her name.

Adrien sat there confused. Had he really made her that upset? He felt horrible for having have done that to his princess.

She avoided eye contact with all of then when they got back to class. She didn't want to talk to anyone. Lucky for her, their next teacher was strict and they all had to be quiet.

Class ended and she left before anyone had time to stop her. Nino and Alya exchanged worried looks. "I'll go after her," said Alya, picking up all her things. Nino nodded and gathered his things. They both left, leaving Adrien standing at his desk. Adrien was contemplating going after her but then remembered about his date.

"You ready to go Abby?" he asked, turning towards her. "What about your friend? She seemed very upset," Abby said. "Alya already said she was going to go check up on her." "Si tu le dis." He made yet another mental note to visit her. As he opened his bag to put his tablet back in, he noticed Plagg wasn't in there. Shit. "Uh hey Abby, why don't you wait for me outside? I have to look for something," he said nervously. Abby nodded and left the classroom.

As Marinette was walking up to her room, she heard a voice in her bag. That doesn't sound like Tikki. She frowned and quickly went up to her room. As she opened her purse, she noticed a black cat like creature next to Tikki. She screamed and tripped over her chair, falling over and landing on her back. The purse flew and landed om her  chaise. "Mari it's ok!" Tikki exclaimed flying out of her bag. "Wh-who, wh-what"

"I'm Chat Noir's kwami, Plagg, nice to meet you," smiled Plagg.

~~~~~~~

Si tu le dis - it means if you say so
I'm probably going to add some French words here and there
I'm semi-fluent so I might get some things wrong. It is my third language so lmao
I can have short conversations and I can read it pretty well.