Chapter 6

The crew looked down at the crumbled building, the dust cloud lifting to the sky. Alexis and Scarlet were the first to rush to the edge, followed by the rest. Two figures slowly emerged from the rubble.

"Next time," one of them announced, "someone else gets the handcuffs!"

Joey was dragging Lennie by the collar, who had passed out due to the blood loss. Sonya, who had rushed down from her building across the street, helped Joey bring Lennie to the van. The others walked down from their building, carrying Ebony with them. The walk was solemn, but the mood was relieved--relieved to be winning again. Sonya stayed with Lennie, tending to his wounds in the medical van while the rest drove off in separate vehicles back to the hideout.

***

Their hideout was located at the Sheraton Convention Center, located only a few miles south of the bar they had just destroyed. Once they had arrived, a group of agents came to take Ebony and Lennie for interrogating back at the headquarters in Miami. Lennie survived, with minutes to spare, but his eyes weren't as lucky. The right eye was fixable with minor damage, but his left eye was completely mutilated.

As soon as they got to their suite, the squad got back to work. Alexis and Scarlet began forming conspiracies as Veronica helped patch Joey up. Finn walked over to where Phil was sitting, interested by his frantic typing on his laptop.

"Looks like someone's busy," Finn observed, pulling up a chair beside Phil.

"I'm trying to figure out who grabbed Magnus," Phil stated blankly, "It seemed like he double-crossed every team there is."

"Did anybody see anything?" Finn asked.

"Already checked," Phil replied. "Everybody was either blinded by the rising smoke, or they were in mid-jump."

"I hope you didn't forget about me."

Finn and Phil both turned around to see Sonya, standing there quietly. Sonya had been sniping from across street at the moment the helicopter entered.

"Did you see anything?" Phil asked, eagerly spinning his chair to face her.

"Two people," she responded, grabbing Phil's laptop. Phil's body flinched a little; his face similar to that of a child's when losing his favorite toy. Sonya typed slowly, and then clicked on a tab. She bit her lip, confused with what she had pulled up.

"What is it?" Finn asked, taking note of her face. Sonya turned the laptop back towards them, showing the face of a younger man.

"This is one of the two men I saw in the helicopter," Sonya said, "but according to our database it says he part of Braunze."

"Why would that be strange?" Finn asked.

"Because if what Sonya saw is true," Phil worked out out loud, "they were saving Magnus, who was there to blow up the building, and that building has been speculated to be Braunze territory for a while now."

"So you're saying--"

"The man who was meant to kill Braunze members, was saved by Braunze." The three sat there, contemplating different ideas behind the situation. After a few minutes of brainstorming, Phil popped out of his thoughts.

"Sonya," Phil started, "you said there were two men, right?"

Sonya, hearing her name, snapped back to reality.

"Oh, yes," Sonya turned the laptop back to her and typed in the new name. She clicked on another tab before facing the screen towards the men.

"It says that he's part of Braunze, too," Finn noted.