Chapter Thirteen: Mr Hale?

Start from the beginning

"Finally. Can we go now?" Lydia asked relieved to see us, looking to all of us for an answer, but before we could reply, the ceiling above us started to creek and loud noises were coming. We all looked up, to wonder what was in the ceiling, but the weight of whatever it was, wasn't going to hold.

"Run!" I state and we all began to run up the stairs. I heard the ceiling collapse, and growls from behind. We ran down the hallway and continued to run as fast as we could. Everyone ran as fast as they could, and we neared the canteen.

Stiles ripped open the canteen doors and we all rushed in, and Scott was the last one in, before he closed them quickly, and started to blot them up and down for protection from the Alpha. I stood next to Stiles, all of us taking in a deep breath. Stiles and I turned to look at the wide length windows in the room. Our eyes widened as we turned to look at one another.

"Help me get this in front of the door," we heard Scott say, as we see him and Jackson push a machine towards the door.

"Scott, wait, not here," I started looking at him, but he wasn't listening, his mind was elsewhere.

"What was that? Scott, what was that?" Allison asked, clearly upset and scared.

"What came out of the ceiling?" Lydia now added, she sounded scared also. Well I would be too, but they didn't know who was chasing them through the school.

"Will you just help me? The chairs, stack the chairs," Scott rushes out, as he pulls the machine to the door, as Allison & Lydia start to the chairs.

"Guys....Can we just wait a second?" Stiles states as Allison and Lydia pull chairs and begin to stack them at the door. "You guys, listen to me..." But no one was listening to him because they were too busy trying to fortify the door. "Can we wait a second?" The only sound was the chairs being dragged over to the door, and it went right through me. Stiles counited to get their attention but nothing was working.

"Guys!!" I yelled over the chairs being lifted up and placed on the machine. They suddenly all spun around to face Stiles and I. "Nice work people, but forgetting about something," I turned to the windows and held my hands out to the wall of 20-foot windows that filled the whole room.

"The 20-foot wall of windows?" Stiles added, his arms also spread out to the windows. They all looked to the windows with an 'Oh God' look, and the hard work they just did was for nothing.

"Can somebody please explain to me what's going on, because I'm freaking out here. And I would like to know why?" She states, a fear clearly written on her face, her voice shaken. She turns to Scott for an answer, but he just looks at her, not knowing what to say. "Scott?" She asks, but he makes a sound of 'ugh' like he doesn't know what to say. Before he rushes from Allison's side to lean on a table to think.

Jackson, Lydia and Allison look to Stiles, for an answer. But he or I couldn't tell them about the Alpha and werewolves are real because it would make things more weird. I see Stiles look to Scott and Scott looking at Stiles, both exchanging a look

"Somebody killed the janitor," Stiles states, not covering it up gently. As he takes a few steps forward, towards them.

"What?" Lydia asked, shocked as everyone else was.

"Yeah, the janitor's dead," he confirms, no hiding it.

"What's he talking about? Is this a joke?" Allison states, her voice raised a bit.

"What, who killed him?" Jackson asked, confused looking to Stiles for an answer. There were a few moments of silence as we all didn't know what to say.

"No, no, no, no. This was supposed to be over. The mountain lion killed..." Lydia states, scared.

"No, don't you get it? There wasn't a mountain lion," Jackson said to Lydia.

"Who was it?" Allison raised her voice loudly, because she was scared. "What does he want? What's happening? Scott!" she yells his name to bring him back around.

"I don't know. I just...If we go out there, he's gonna kill us," Scott replied, really don't knowing what to say.

"Us? He's gonna kill us?" Lydia asked, startled, she pointed to the group.

"Who? Who is it?" Allison said, looking to Scott and then Stiles. Both were stuck for words, because they had no idea who it was. The room was silent for a few moments, the air thickening with tension.

"It's Derek. It's Derek Hale," Scott announces, his back turned to us. My eyes widened with the sudden comment, he threw Derek under the bus, we don't even know if he's dead. And if he isn't then, we are screwed. I shook my head at Scott as his eyes landed on me for a few seconds. Stiles and Scott might see Derek as a bad person, even a monster, but that's not what I see. I see a broken person, I've been alive too long to not notice a damaged person when I see one, and Derek was a mixture of both damaged and broken.

But my rule still stands.... Monsters aren't born, they are made and they were human before they became monsters....

I was just hoping Derek was alive...