The Sun and the Moon

Start from the beginning

"Serenity!" the blonde-haired girl shouted as she crawled over the crumpled sheets to her sister, pulling her into her chest. "What's wrong? What happened?"

Sobbing, Serenity ceased her pained wailing and clung onto Lucy like she was her lifeline. "Make it stop!" she pleaded, her abdomen burning like it was on fire, and the emotions swirling inside of her clouding her mind like fog. "I can't take dying anymore!"

Lacing her fingers through her sister's hair, Lucy whispered calming things until Serenity had settled down enough to properly inhale and exhale. "What did you dream about?"

Wiping at her nose, the Water Dragon Slayer pulled away from her sister and sat back on her calves. "Ciara," Serenity said, trying to stop her hyperventilating by taking deep breaths. "She was ripped in half...and I felt everything she did...it was terrible." Digging the heels of her hands into her eyes, she sighed. "I don't even know who she is!"

Suddenly, there was a knock at her window, and the next instant it was pushed open revealing Natsu as he climbed over the sill and hopped onto the hardwood floors of the room with a light sigh. Looking around with blazing eyes that seemed to glow in the darkness, the pink-haired boy's gaze finally landed on Serenity who was wiping vigorously at her wet cheeks.

"Are you okay?" he asked, walking over to the bed and sitting down on the edge next to the tearful girl.

Looking up at the Fire Dragon Slayer, she sent him a weak smile. "Honestly? No. I'm not okay." Running a hand through her hair, Serenity sighed. "How'd you even hear me scream? Don't you live out in the middle of nowhere?"

Chuckling, Natsu smiled at her. "I'm sure everyone in Mongolia heard you." When she immediately frowned and sent him a glare, he began frantically fumbling for words. "I-I mean...I have very good hearing!"

Laughing, Serenity looked up at Natsu with her bright golden-eyes. "That was a much better answer."

Suddenly, an amused giggle filled the room.

Looking over, Serenity's gaze met with Lucy's mischievous one. "I'm going to head back to bed, the tension in here is just too much for me." With that said, the blonde-haired girl stood from the bed and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her; however, not before she sent Serenity a suggestive smile, causing the Water Dragon Slayer to flush a deep crimson.

Natsu looked over at Serenity completely oblivious. "What tension?" he inquired, raising his eyebrows.

"N-Nothing!" the golden-haired girl rushed, hiding her blush behind her blankets as she pulled them up to cover her cheeks.

Narrowing his eyes, Natsu moved closer to Serenity, examining her closely. "You know something..." he trailed, looking at the blue sheet covering half of her face. "Tell me."

"It's really nothing!" she tried to assure him, but he looked unconvinced. "Lucy is just being Lucy! You know how she is!"

Suddenly, Natsu tackled her down on the bed, positioning himself firmly over her legs so that she couldn't wiggle free, before pinning her arms above her head with one of his hands while the other trailed down her side to the extremely sensitive skin along her waist. Immediately, she cringed away from his touch as bolts of sensation crackled where his fingers grazed against her.

"Tell me, or I begin the torture," he threatened above her, his eyes completely serious as he gazed down at her and his features shadowed as the moonlight that seeped through her small window danced across the side of his face.

However, Serenity said nothing; she was too attentive to the position they were in, and to the fact that she only wore a black tank-top and some blue underwear, so there was basically nothing separating her from the boy sitting atop her. Gazing up into his eyes, her breath caught in her throat, and her cheeks flared with color. After a while, it seemed Natsu finally understood what Lucy had said, because his own cheeks darken with an intense blush.