Clary had told her that Dot had been forced to put a spell on Clary to try and get Jace to join Valentine's side more easily. Which from what she could see of the blonde, seemed to be working.

They spoke in quiet tones until she heard Clary tell Jace to run. She heard their feet clanging on the metal and then suddenly stop. Talia tilted her head in confusion until she saw the two Circle members with seraph blades approaching.

"Jonathan!" Valentine shouted, "There's no way out."

The tall woman grinned, already knowing that she could prove the man wrong. She reached into her back pocket and pulled out her blade, spinning it between the fingers of her uninjured left arm and ran towards them, blocking the first man's strike that was aimed at Jace, forming an x. She smirked at his surprised and slightly alarmed face.

Talia spun her blade and pulled him round with her, kicking him in the chest as the other approached. Jace jumped in front of her and swiped the others' legs from beneath him as Talia quickly swiped his blade and tossed it back to Clary.

Jace struck the man in the chest before doing the same with one Talia had knocked over. They ran forward before Jace pulled back, his eye wandering and unsure before he started coughing, blood running down his nose.

Talia's eyes widened as Clary asked if he was okay. The dark blonde turned to Dot who nodded to her as Clary held Jace to prevent him from collapsing, as Talia quickly shoved her blade into her back pocket.

Valentine called after them as Dot opened her palm and formed a portal that would stop them from disintegrating when touching the barrier.

She quickly grabbed Jace's other side, being a lot stronger than Clary, and heaved him across the deck as they jumped through the portal, disappearing beneath the depths.

                                 ~~~•~~~

M A G N U S

3 hours later

"Isabelle? Clary's back."

Magnus opened the door to the room he was tending to Alec in. Izzy had called him in after Jocelyn had given him a crystal to track Jace and therefore Clary. But he had become unresponsive ever since.

"Oh, great. Clary's safe," Magnus snarked, "We can all go home now."

The warlock moved to slam the door in her face before Jocelyn held up her hands, "Whoa. Wait, Magnus. How's Alec? Is he gonna be okay?"

Magnus stepped slowly out of the room and towards her, his eyes partially narrowed, "Do you remember the first thing I said to you when you brought a three year old girl to my door?"

Jocelyn sighed, "You didn't want to get involved in Shadowhunter business."

"And I should've stuck to my guns," Magnus said, "But no, I let you convince me. How many years of appearance alternations to Talia? And then again with Clary, how many years of memory wipes was it?"

"Seventeen and twelve," Jocelyn said, guiltily, "Look, I owe you, let me help with Alec."

Magnus raised a hand, "I think you've done enough."

"I was only trying to find-"

"You were only trying to do what you always do," Magnus interrupted, "Manipulate people into helping fix problems that you created, and now Alec is paying the price for it and so will Talia, once again."

"That's not true, and Talia, how's she involved in this?"

Magnus scoffed, "She found a place where she belonged here, with people who actually care and love her. Her boyfriend is currently suffering from something that you caused and you shot her. She could be dead right now and you wouldn't care. Talia Herondale found the home that you could never give her and you've taken it away."