Six

« 6—FALLEN... »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~They walked back into the Institute, a sombre mood looming over them

~~~•~~~
They walked back into the Institute, a sombre mood looming over them.

Clary attempted to drive Simon's van, constantly stalling it and rejecting Talia's offer to drive for them. The Shadowhunter's sat in a deafening silence, each person having their own individual seat this time.

"I still don't understand," Clary started as they walked through the tall wooden doors to the Institute, her arms waving in circles as she tried to get her point across, "How can Shadowhunters be better than what you people call mundanes?"

"Because we protect humans," Izzy told her as Jace and Alec stood next to the wall, trying to keep as far away from the conversation as they could in the small space.

Clary smiled darkly as she turned back around to face the dark haired girl, "You're right, humans, you protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van, great job, guys. You rock."

"Clary, please stop."

Talia's patience was wearing very thin at this point in the day, or night whichever, she couldn't remember. She rubbed her pained temples, expressing how tired she was seen as how she hadn't eaten in what seemed like hours and now she had to deal with this. Clary spun on her, "Why? Why should I? It's their fault Simon was taken."

She rubbed her temples again, closing her eyes at the sudden increase of noise before she replied, "It really isn't their fault Clary, the vamps just want the Cup like everyone else does and they see this as their way to get to you, and you should be quiet because my head feels like it's about to explode."

Clary stopped a snarky reply that was resting on her tongue when she saw her sisters' face. Her skin was a sickly pale colour, reminding her of the vampires they had seen half an hour before, dark circles underlined her tired, half-closed eyes to show how sleep deprived the girl was.

Clary knew how serious it was when the older girl had a migraine and her eyes widened in realisation just as the brunette's eyes rolled back into her head and her legs buckled beneath her.

Alec rushed forward, scooping the now unconscious girl into his arms before her head could hit the hard stone floor. As he stood up from the crouching position he was in to catch Talia, her head to rolled onto his chest as her arms swung by her sides.

"What's happened to her?" Alec asked the smaller girl as the other two Shadowhunters came closer to him to look at the girl in his arms.

"She's having a migraine," Clary said, looking up to meet her eyes with Alec's, "She gets them quite frequently but also a really painful one every few years, I don't know the cause of it though."