Nineteen

« 19FOUND »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~Talia closed her eyes as she waved her hands in front of her

~~~•~~~
Talia closed her eyes as she waved her hands in front of her.

The blue sparks launching off her fingers as she imagined the thing she desired to appear in front of her.

Stopping the motions, she slowly opened one eye and let a smile grow across her face as she saw a hot chocolate with cream and exactly three marshmallows sat on the table in front of her.

"You're getting rather good at this."

The brunette looked up from the mug to meet the proud eyes of Magnus Bane. She shrugged her shoulders as he came to sit beside her on his plush sofa overlooking the city, "It's nothing really."

"Oh, but it is, cupcake," Magnus says as Talia lifts her legs from the floor and crosses them over before picking up the drink, "You see, it took me days to learn that little trick, but you, a mere few hours."

She smiled shyly as she looked down into her drink whilst he continued, "Now, I don't know whether that is your knack for catching onto things quickly or if it is my fabulous teaching methods."

Talia rolled her eyes at him before she remembered what she had wanted to ask him, "Magnus? Do you know why my hair is becoming more blonde and my eyes are turning to a shade of blue?"

Magnus furrowed his eyebrows as he reached forward and lifted her hair from where it was behind her shoulders to examine it, he then moved his hand to tug her chin down to look at her irises. His eyebrows raised in surprise when he noticed what she had said was true.

"Your magic appears to be fighting off mine," He whispered as he moved his hand away to watch Talia's expression change to one of confusion.

"What?"

Magnus stood from the chair and began pacing in front of the table, his fingers rubbing his chin as he thought about his response,

"Essentially, I used a special type of glamour on your hair and eyes when you were younger so that you would look more like Clary and Jocelyn instead of your real parents because Jocelyn's knowledge of Valentine still being alive had given her motive to hide that part of you as you would have been in a lot of danger if he knew you were still alive."

Talia's eyebrows furrowed as she continued to watch his pacing, "Why would I have been in danger?"

He stopped on the spot and turned to look at the young woman on his sofa, "Because you were the spitting image of your mother."

She opened her mouth to speak again but the chime of Magnus' doorbell stopped her as he moved to open the door.

She sighed as she leant back against the sofa, closing her eyes until she heard Magnus re-entering the room with his guest right behind him.