Ten

« 10—MEMORIES »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~Talia's head swam with memories

~~~•~~~
Talia's head swam with memories.

She couldn't, however, figure out what a single one of them meant. Flashes of these memories were brought to the front of her mind to give a quick glimpse before they flitted away.

That was until one stood out.

It was clearer than the others, and unlike them, she recognised the memory. It was the one that had nearly been taken from her by the memory demon. But it wasn't the same part, it was after.

"You're such a clever girl," The blonde haired woman praised the toddler as her husband held her. A high pitched sound emitted from the small girl as she recognised her mothers tone of voice.

"She's going to be capable of great things, one day," The darker haired blonde said to his wife before turning back to his daughter, a handsome smile gracing his features as he did, "Aren't you, Talia?"

Talia's eyes widened as she watched the younger girl squeal, patting her small pudgy hands on her fathers face as he blew raspberries on them.

"Talia?"

The man's mouth wasn't moving to speak as her name was said. The brunettes' forehead creased as she sought out to find where the sound had come from.

"Talia!"

Her eyes shot open trying to look around, but before she could, she was pulled into a coughing fit causing her to turn onto her side and onto the horrendous pain that was plaguing her stomach from the demon.

The people around her were asking if she was okay but she couldn't answer. Her throat was dry and the burning sensation was still felt everywhere causing her to groan as she rolled onto her back once more.

When she looked up, her eyes connected with Alec's as he looked down at her in concern as she lay in his lap, without realising it. She shot up and the faces around her reflected the look of the boys' behind her. Her eyes locked with Jaces' blue and brown ones as he mouthed 'thank you', she returned the gratitude with a small smile.

Finally, she turned to Magnus, remembering what she had just seen, "We need to talk, now."

                                ~~~•~~~

"I've come to learn that when a woman says that we 'need to talk' it's normally not something good."

Talia had asked everyone to leave after she asked to talk to Magnus. Mainly because she had no idea how she would explain what she saw to Clary. Alec was timid to leave but after Magnus had spoken to him quietly and with the taller boy flicking a glance at Talia he agreed to leave.