Twenty

« 20ICE CREAM »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~"It can't be," The Inquisitor whispered, her eyes wandering over the young woman's features

~~~•~~~
"It can't be," The Inquisitor whispered, her eyes wandering over the young woman's features.

"But indeed it is," Magnus exclaimed, winding his way through the aisles to stand beside Talia, "You must admit, the resemblance is uncanny."

The Inquisitor hesitantly stepped forward, reaching a frail hand towards the girls face, placing it gently against her cheekbones as Talia gave her a small smile. The womans eyes trailed over her dark blonde hair that rested just below her shoulders, the prominent blue-green eyes and the structure of her face.

"How can you be so sure?" She turned to Magnus who only grinned at her before gently lifting Talia's hair from her neck to reveal a scar in the shape of a star.

The Inquisitor gasped, reaching her hand forward to trace the pattern, as Talia furrowed her eyebrows, not knowing what was on the back of her neck seen as how she could not see that area, she turned to Magnus who quickly mentioned the mark, leaving her more confused.

"That's where the angel blood touched you, the star is normally formed on the male Herondale's from birth but seen as how you are a special case, it is on you too. Your family has a special connection with the angels, and that, Imogen, is how I know she is your granddaughter," Magnus pronounced.

She pulled away shakily and looked to the warlock beside her granddaughter who nodded in reassurance. Tears began to fill Imogen Herondale's eyes for the first time in almost nineteen years, as she said, "You look just like them."

Talia's smile widened before she looked around the room at the few gaping Shadowhunters who still lined the court room. Imogen nodded to them, silently asking them to leave them be. Only Magnus, Izzy, Lydia and Alec remained.

Talia looked at the three shocked Shadowhunters, although when she noticed, Izzy transitioned hers into a wide grin. Imogen coughed slightly to regain the girls' attention.

"Talianna-"

"Talia," The young woman said, "I go by Talia."

Imogen smiled lightly, "Talia, when you were younger, you were able to create a bright blue within your eyes, are you still able to do that?"

Talia grinned, closing her eyes and reopening them with the warlock blue. Imogen sighed before meeting Talia's confused look and deciding to explain, "We never knew what Valentine did to you, Stephen allowed Valentine to do experiments on you because he got the idea of you being severely into my son's head.

"Valentine wanted to isolate you within his house from all the other children, but Stephen and Celine wouldn't allow that and besides, that would have never stopped you from seeing that Lightwood boy, Alexander, I believe," Imogen chuckled fondly, her eyes closed as she remembers her son and granddaughter.