Thirty-Nine

« 39–DAYLIGHT BREAKS »
~~~•~~~

« 39–DAYLIGHT BREAKS »~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~
"Rhianne?"

Talia's grip wavered on the dagger as she regarded the girl in front of her. The girl she thought to be her friend. Rhianne twirled the ball of yellow energy around her fingers, watching it flit in and out of the gaps between them. As she grew closer, Talia realised her real eye colour was a deep red. The blonde gaped as if to say something, but was quickly interrupted by Rhianne's scowl.

"No talking, your voice only haunts me Talianna Herondale."

The venom laced into her words spat at Talia. Her name was spoken as though it were a strain on the Shadowhunter, gritting out the syllables in a spiteful way.

Talia narrowed her eyes, staying silent as requested, analysing the situation for what she could exploit to escape. As she was now, Talia knew she wouldn't be able to overpower the hybrid with brute strength alone, Rhianne appeared to have abilities that Talia had not. The fangs that glistened a disturbing shade of red were proof of that.

Talia bit her cheek in thought. She knew if she didn't deal with Rhianne, Alec would have to. Her heart clenched at the thought.

She urged herself to think, pushing her emotions aside as she locked onto the one thing she could count on the most. Her aptitude for analysing others performance in battle. Talia could move.

Rhianne narrowed her eyes, "I didn't expect you to listen, you have a tendency for not following rules."

Talia's eyes widened in surprise as Rhianne disappeared from where she was standing, suddenly perching on the statue to Talia's left. The dark haired woman eyed the face of the man who's platform she had taken residence as she spoke, "But then again, you are at a disadvantage right now. The whole no powers situation you got yourself into."

Talia stayed perfectly still, eyeing her warily as the attention was back on her. Red eyes piercing into her green. Rhianne grinned.

"Though," She hummed thoughtfully, "It wasn't entirely your fault, you'll be surprised to know. Yeah, that 'medicine' I gave you after the attack? Not actually medicine."

Biting her tongue to stop her outrage, Talia felt her back shiver at the thought of her trusted doctor betraying her in such a vulnerable state.

"What did you do to me?" Talia ground out.

Rhianne blinked almost innocently, "Just something I came up with when I was bored- well, maybe not bored. I was trying to find a way to nullify your powers after a particularly damaging event. I tried a few times before but I guess you weren't weak enough to be susceptible to a part of my power, but after such an event as negating the power of the Soul Sword? Bingo."