The blonde-haired boy's eyes widened at her words, taken aback by it. It rang throughout his mind as he stood rooted in his position. However, when he saw the triumphant look on her face, he shoved it to the back of his mind - his face returning to his usual look.

"That's it, I've enough of your shitty remarks. I'm gonna blast your ass so far from here that I won't have to see your pathetic faces ever again!" Bakugou shouted and directed his hands in the direction of both (Name) and Midoriya.

Midoriya's eyes widened at the way how Bakugou's hands were sparking, fearing for the worst. He lifted his arms to his face, trying to protect himself. However, (Name) stood her ground, unfazed by Bakugou's threats.

Her eyes were fixed on the blonde's figure as though saying "I'm not afraid of you, so come at me with all you've got".

Bakugou's smirk widened at the look in the (h/c)-haired girl's eyes, not one to back down from a challenge. Licking his lips, the sparks on his hands grew even bigger.

At this point, Midoriya was quivering behind his friend, his eyes squeezed shut. His instinct was screaming for him to run, to find shelter and hide so that he wouldn't be blasted off to space. But his body refused to cooperate, his feet basically glued to the ground.

"Don't blame me when you go home crying to your mothers like the weak, pathetic beings that you are," Bakugou said and aimed his hands at the duo.

Midoriya squeaked, bracing himself for the explosions coming their way. However, the familiar sound of Bakugou's explosions didn't appear which caused his brows to furrow in confusion.

Peeking one eye opened to see what had happened, his jaw dropped with shock at the sight that greeted him.

Katsuki Bakugou was dangling in the air, vines wrapped tightly around him as he squirmed about, demanding to be let go. "What the f*ck is this?! Get me out of this thing now!"

Apparently, vines had shot out from the ground and wrapped themselves around Bakugou's wrists. In shock, the sparks were snuffed out as the blonde attempted to free himself - only for more vines to shoot out and wrapped themselves around his entire being.

Midoriya glanced up at his friend who was staring at her hands in amazement. He couldn't help but grinned when he understood the situation. Ignoring his bully who was still screaming to be let down, he placed a hand on (Name)'s shoulder, a giant smile on his face.

"(Name)-chan! Looks like you aren't quirkless after all!"

The (h/c)-haired girl's eyes remained glued to her hands, a small smile on her face. "I guess you're right."

That was the day that (Name) discovered her quirk - plant manipulation.

***

(Name) let out an umpteenth sigh, her patience growing thin.

"Stupid shit, this is all your fault! If you haven't discovered your quirk at that moment, Deku won't have gotten away!"

Irk marks appeared all over forehead, finally losing it. Unable to deal with her annoying friend, she lifted her hand, hitting his head. "Will you shut the hell up Katsuki-kun?! It isn't my fault that my quirk decided to make an appearance at that moment, alright?!"

Bakugou opened his mouth to retaliate, only to shut it when he realized that (Name) had a point. Frowning, he crossed his arms as he turned away from the girl, grumbling under his breath.

(Name)'s lips curled into a fond smile at the boy's behaviour. Ruffling his spiky hair, she giggled. "Ya know, you aren't so bad when you're not all growly and shit. In fact, it makes you look cute!"

Bakugou burst into a million shades of red at (Name)'s words. He let out indignant squawks as he protested, defending his manly pride. "W-What the f*ck?! Who says anything about me being cute?! I'm the exact opposite of cute!"

(Name)'s giggle dissolved into laughter as the boy jumped up from his seat, punching the air as he tried to convince the girl otherwise.

It was moments like this that made Bakugou less insufferable and (Name) wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world.

"We should get going, the sun's already setting." (Name) glanced up, streaks of red and orange strewn across the sky like ribbons.

Bakugou hummed, showing that he was listening. The (h/c)-haired girl focused her attention on the boy who was lying next to her. Both were on the field, green grass dancing in the evening breeze.

A fond look appeared on her face, taking in the peaceful sight of her friend. Bakugou was lying on the grass, his arms behind his head, his eyes closed as he basked in the evening sun.

There was a rare smile on his lips, his face devoid of its usual arrogance.

As much as (Name) would love to sit here in the presence of her friend, enjoying the comfortable silence, her parents were waiting for her at home. Nudging Bakugou to gain his attention, she stood up and dusted her clothes.

"Come on Katsuki-kun, we should really get going."

Bakugou's eyes fluttered open, looking at the girl who was glancing at him, a frown on her face. Closing his eyes again, he grumbled. "Leave me alone, dipshit. If you need to go, then go. Don't wait for me."

(Name) let out a sigh at her friend's stubbornness, rubbing her forehead. She knew that was no point in arguing with the boy, knowing that he wouldn't listen to her no matter how hard she tried to convince him.

"Well, I'll make a move first. Make sure you don't stay out too late. There's still school tomorrow and I better see you there."

Bakugou waved off the girl's warning, giving her the middle finger before rolling to his side - his back facing her. (Name) rolled her eyes at the boy's rude action, stomping off in the direction of her home, mumbling about how much she hates him.

"Make sure you get home safely, you dipshit! If I don't see you in class tomorrow, I swear to god I'll blast your ass that you won't be able to sit properly for weeks!"

(Name) stopped in her tracks, turning back to glance at Bakugou who's back was still facing her. Her grin grew when she noticed a hand raised, waving goodbye to her before giving her the middle finger once more.

The (h/c)-haired girl chuckled at the way how Bakugou showed his concern for her, shaking her head as she faced the front once more, making her way home.

There was a smile on Bakugou's face as he hears the retreating footsteps of his friend until there was nothing but the call of the birds returning to their nests for the night. The smile stayed on his face throughout the night, even when he went home, scaring his parents.

He couldn't wait to see the only person who he would call his friend tomorrow at school.

Only to be met with her empty desk when he stepped into class the next day.

***

Hello there!

I know I'm probably late to writing a Bakugou x Reader fanfic but here I am. This fanfic will be based off the anime, but I'll be making some tweaks here and there to the original plots to fit my story. I'll also be including my own scenes into the fanfic. 

The characters (minus Reader-chan) rightfully belongs to Kōhei Horikoshi, the author of Boku No Hero Academia.

That's all and happy reading!