CHAPTER TWO

Linus

I woke with a gasp. I rolled onto all fours and looked around me, it was dark and there was a fire going. I felt panicked as guilt threatened to consume me, remembering what I had done was not something I wanted to relive. I evened my breathing and sat on my knees. By the fire, two very fat squirrels were being cooked and snake man, what I'd decided to call him until further notice, was watching them and turning them continuously.

"What is happening?" I asked getting the images of my mother dying out of my head and focusing on the present.

"Dinner!" He said cheerfully. "Aren't you hungry? You must be consssidering what you did earlier." He said with a smirk. "Very unexssssspected."

"Are you going to do that often?" I asked instead and he looked up innocently with his creepy snake eyes. Is it permanent or something? Like why doesn't he change them into his human eyes?

"Do what?"

"The thing with your tongue and the s?"

"Isss it offencsssive?"

"It's annoying and people don't talk like that."

"My apologizessss," he hissed quite literally and grinned. "I've been a ssssnake for a very long time." I swallowed then and stared at him.

"How long exactly?" I asked him and then noticing that animal fur had been draped on me. I looked at it then him.

"Hmmm, I would sssay 575 yearsss." I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah right." I looked around to see we were in the forest,not at all where I had passed out after his attack. "As if you could live that long."

"I do not lie to you."

"Then your obviously insane." I told him feeling irritation. "People don't live that long, even the supernatural." He only smirked at me before nodding to the roasting squirrels.

"Hungry?"

"Yeah," I said skeptically, I didn't know what he'd done to the squirrels, he could have poisoned them for all I know and I would drop dead after one bite. However, as he took the squirrels down, my mouth watered and the notion that he's going to kill me,left my mind. I dug in happily, ignoring his amused stare. I moaned in satisfaction and stared at him. "So, what did I do exactly? Earlier, I mean." I asked and he turned his gaze towards me, his snake eyes had me feeling on edge. So creepy.

"You burned me, with electricity I believe," he said smiling, "that is quite a unique gift you have." He was talking lowly, his tone just screamed seduction, don't ask me how I know, I just do. Maybe it's a snake thing.

"Oh," I sighed and ran a greasy hand through my hair before scowling at myself.

"So, what are you?" I narrowed my eyes.

"I don't think that's important." I stated and he shrugged.

"Sure,but we are a long way away from where we are going, we may as well get to know one another." I blanched and looked around.

"Where are we going exactly? And why am I coming with you?" He chuckled and took a huge chunk of squirrel into his mouth. I couldn't help marvel at how his jaw moved as he ate, could a person really look so attractive while eating? This is ridiculous, focus!