Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

Finally turning to his comerade, Damian raised an eyebrow, "Tt. What is it?"

Eyes flickering between the two, Jaime said, "Just come, it's important. Hero stuff.", giving no further information.

Narrowing his eyes at the Latino, Damian smirked, "Alright, just a moment."

Sitting himself by the control panel, Jaime tried to make himself look busy. Or rather, stole approving looks at Adyn and Damian as they took a moment to commend one another for their technique.

"To. Seriously Jaime!", Damian couldn't help but chuckle at the shocked boy.

"What?! What'd I do?"

He smirked, "If your going to stare at us, at least do it discreetly. You have Bart."

Whilst Adyn looked on the situation in confusion, pulling his jumped over his head, Jaime held up his hands, laughing, "Look, I have a boyfriend already, and I'm in a committed relationship! But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate fiiiine people,", he sighed, "I mean...damn, you know I think of you and Adyn as friends and stuff...but ayyy!"

Damian shook his head in mock exasperation, picking up his katana, "Oh Jaime, what are we going to do with you?"

***

"There's an attack happening at the Justice League museum in Gotham.", Batman informed the Titans, magicians and Adyn, back to the Batcomputer- which was playing live footage of a monster tearing through the streets.

"Is that...?"

"Clayface.", Nightwing finished for Starfire.

"The museum? That's where Raven said-", Damian broke off, wide eyes glued to the screen behind Batman.

"Holy Hera!", Donna gasped, vision fixated on the computer too: in the purple-cloaked figure in the computer.

"Well by Jove..."

***

Raven handed the children over to Ms Cherry and the other volunteers, instructing them to hide in the nearby alley. Away from the commotion, they would be safe.

Sprinting in the opposite direction, Raven found her own alleyway, one free of people. Contrary to what she had told the teachers to do, Raven didn't hide, instead making sure the coast was clear before allowing the change to overcome her.

With a flash of magical energy, Raven's jeans, jumper and coat transformed to her Azarathian cloak and uniform.

Wasting no time, the demoness launched herself out of the alley, soaring towards the screams and in the opposite direction to the civilians running for their lives.

Turning around the corner of one of Gotham's many skyscrapers, Raven continued towards the danger, ears registering a male voice crying, "Help! Help!", over the beating of the wind.

Senses spreading wide as a football pitch, Raven attempted to identify the species of the attacker- to no avail. The only information she could collect was that it's aura was unlike that of any human, alien or preternatural creature she'd come across. Whilst it retained some aspects of human coolness in its aura, the overall feeling was more along the dull lines of... mud.

At first, Raven thought that there ought to have been some mistake: how could something have an aura like mud? Yet, when she managed to locate it, the entire situation made perfect sense.

A mass of brown sludge, shaped somewhat akin to a human, though easily the size of a bear, lumbered towards an upturned estate car: one housing a person still clamouring.