74

Oak smiles fondly at the baby in his arms. 

The nurses had allowed him to hold his sister's son for a moment, before he would be brought to a separate special room, since he was a couple weeks early.

Ezra would have Daveed's face, Oak could already tell. His skin was the same tone as his mother's though, maybe he would get his attitude from her, too.

Ezra Diggs.

Y/N told Oak weeks ago what gender her child will be and what she wants to name it, should everything go by smoothly. She had told him that he's the first to find out, since Daveed wanted it to be a surprise, and he had been the first to know the name.

Daveed and Y/N had decided together that their second child, if it were to become a son, would be named Ezra. If it had been a girl, she would've been named Hayley. 

Oak looked up when the nurse left Y/N's room, a hurried expression on her face while she rushes down the hall. 

In the faint moment that the door had been opened, Oak believed to hear a faint, monotone beep.

He turned pale, praying that he didn't just hear his sister...flatline.

Ezra sleeps soundly in his uncle's arms, unknown of what's going on around him.

His sister is also asleep in Renée's arms.

Both of them didn't know what's going on.

Oak can hear a faint "Clear!", through the doors of Y/N's room and shakes his head, tears filling his eyes.

He heard wrong, he could only have heard wrong.

No.

A nurse takes Ezra out of Oak's arms to take him to his designated room, leaving Oak with no option left but to stare at the door that parts him from his sister.

It feels like years have passed, when the door opens.

The doctor's face is all Oak needs to know.