7

You ended the rehearsal late in the evening. Non-Stop was fun to sing.

During the whole rest of the rehearsal you had stayed with Daveeds, leaning into his side. It had been quite comfortable.

Since it was late and you were tired, since someone had ripped you out of your sleep early in the morning without warning, you ordered Oak to give you a piggyback ride, to which he more or less voluntarily agreed to.

You called your goodbyes to everyone, after having given Lin your number so he could add you to the Hamilton group chat, and left the theatre with Oak carrying you on his back.

As you were walking home, Oak said "So, you seemed to get a lil' comfy with Daveed."

"Well since someone couldn't stop laughing when I was singing, I had no other choice but to choose another back to back partner. And, for your information, Daveed was the one who insisted I lean against his side and not his back," you said, trying to stifle a yawn.

"I bet you wanted to lean against his chest," Oak teased, making you hit his arm and mutter "Shut up Okieriete." Oak laughed in response.

Then after, some more walking, he said "Set an alarm for six tomorrow. We're supposed to get in early tomorrow cuz Lin wants to run through the second act and then wants to try and run through the whole thing."

"Shiit Jazzy told me about the second act. Ain't that where she's Maria Reynolds, Hammy's affair?", you ask and Oak nods "Yup. You don't have a lot to do as her understudy. All you gotta do is fill out some harmonies, sing a few words on your own and boom, that's it."

"Thank you for reminding me of how important I am," you sarcastically say, making Oak laugh and reply "You're welcome bug!"

"Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know I'm human too?", you quietly sang, trying to hide another yawn but this time failing at it. Oak chuckled softly and said "Get some sleep bug."

"Yes sir," you mumble and close your eyes, almost immediately falling asleep.

"Y/N, wake up, work is calling!", Oak said, softly shaking you. You groan in response and mumble "Yeah yeah, shush tree, lemme change."

You reluctantly sit up and get up, quickly changing into your jeans and shirt, pulling a sweater over that somehow found its way from your brother's closet into yours. Big sweaters are comfy, so why not.

As you left your room, Oak asked "Isn't that my sweater?" "And if it is? Carry me!", you said and motioned for him to turn around. He laughed softly and shook his head, turning around and letting you jump on his back. He knew you couldn't survive without your coffee.

Oak made his way to the theater, noting halfway how you ended up asleep again.

Inside the theater, he was greeted by calls and yelled back even louder. He knew that wouldn't wake you up.

"Yo, Diggs, get some coffee. Y/N fell asleep and she can't survive without coffee," Oak called and grinned as Lin and Chris caught the reference and started laughing.

Oak carefully set you down in a chair in the audience room and left to go to some others of the cast, leaving Daveed a little dumbfounded when he didn't see Oak with you.

Daveed shook his head then and headed towards you, holding the cup of coffee under your nose, hoping this would wake you up. And he was right.

Your eyelids slowly fluttered open at the smell of coffee and you shifted slightly in your seat. You noticed you were at the theater and you noticed that Oak was not there. And you noticed Daveed standing in front of you with a cup of coffee in his hands.

"Merci..." you mumbled and took the coffee from his hands, taking a sip.

"No problem, bug," Daveed grinned at the nickname, receiving a glare from you as you said "You ain't Oak. You neither got the permission to call me bug, nor the permission to touch my hair. Got that?"

"Yup," Daveed replied and you nodded "Good. Now, do me a favor Floof, go hit Oak for leaving me behind."

Daveed laughed. At the nickname or at the request, you had no clue, but he saluted and said "Yes ma'am."

And off he went.