*What is happening at Hajj today ?

🌙بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم🌙

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
*What is happening at Hajj today*
❓❓❓
*9th zul hajj*

*Day of Arafah*

The Messenger of Allah (salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “ الحج عرفة “ or “Hajj is Arafah“. The Arabic text implies a very important concept of the meaning of Hajj.

When angel Jibreel came down to Prophet Ibrahim (alayhis salam), he taught him the rituals of Hajj and took him around the Holy Sites. For every ritual explained Jibreel would say to Ibrahim “A’raft?” or “Did you learn (this one)?” and Ibrahim would reply with “Araft” or “I did”. Thats why it was called Arafah i.e. he got to know or learn.

It is a place where people get to know “ عرف or arafa” each other. 

1. On that day most of the pilgrims will still be in Mina. They pray Fajrin their camps in Mina, and after sunrise they start their final preparation for the journey ahead.
2. Marching or riding to Arafah is not supposed to be that far from Mina, but the crowd and traffic jams make it seem like hundreds of miles.
3. As they all march and head toArafah, their chanting will be continuously Talbiyah “lab-bayka Allahuma lab-bayk, lab-bayka laa sharika laka lab-bayk, in-nal hamda wan-ni’mata laka wal Mulk, laa sharika lak”. “Here I am in Your service, O Allah, here I am. Here I am, You have no partner, here I am. Verily all praise and blessings are Yours, and all sovereignty, You have no partner.” [Muslim] This chanting definitely symbolizes the purpose of this whole journey, that is to serve Allah and worship Him and Him alone.
4. Once the pilgrims reach Arafah, they take their places in pre assigned camps and wait until the call for the prayer is announced

5.When the time for prayer approaches, the khateeb or Imamwho delivers the sermon stands to remind the congregation who gathered in Masjid Namira and the surrounding areas with what is known as the sermon of Arafah. The adhan or call for the prayer is then announced, the Imam then leads the congrgation in Dhuhr and Asr prayer combined and shortened, each performed in units of two rak’ah with one adhan and two Iqamas.

6.After Asr time, the plains of Arafah transforms into a completely different sight. Hundreds of thousands of people are now realizing the imminence of the end of this blessed day and hence engage in a passionate and vigorous du’a and festivity of praise and supplication.
People will be standing or sitting everywhere, on the side of the road, on the mountain of Rahmahand on the top of their cars and buses raising their hands and voices with du’a and shedding tears and worries in a hope that they will be forgiven all their sins.
There is no day better in the sight of Allah than the Day of Arafah. On this day Allah descends to the nearest heaven in a manner that suits His Majesty, and He is proud of His slaves on the earth and says to those in heaven, “Look at My servants. They have come from far and near, with hair disheveled and faces covered with dust, to seek My mercy, even though they have not seen My chastisement. Far more people are freed from the Hellfire on the Day of Arafah than on any other day.” (Abu Ya’la, Ibn Khzayma, al-Bazzar and Ibn Hibban)
Abu Ad-Darda reported that the Prophet (salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said, “On no other day does the Satan feel so belittled, humiliated, and angry as he does on the Day of Arafah.” 

7.Once the day comes to an end, and right at sunset the hujjaj start heading back towards Mina. On their way to Mina there will be one stop for the night, the plains of Muzdalifah. Whether they go riding or walking the hujjaj have to stop in Muzdalifah to pray Maghrib and Isha combined, where Maghrib is done in full three rak’ah and Isha is shortened into two.
And sleep in muzdalifah.

⛰🏔🗻🏔🗻🏔🏔🏔🗻🏔🗻