RULINGS ON HANGING VERSES OF THE QUR'AN (2)

*SECOND REMINDER*.

RULINGS ON HANGING VERSES OF THE QUR'AN ON OUR WALLS AT HOME, SHOPS, CARS ETC_*.

*BismilLah*.

Let's continue from the first Reminder.

The Sheikh continued by saying;

(2) Some people hang up such things for “blessing” which is a form of bid‘ah. The blessing as described in Islam comes from reading or reciting and listening to the Qur’aan, not from hanging it up or placing it on shelves or turning it into artwork and three-dimensional images etc.

(3) This is contrary to the practice of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the Rightly-Guided Khaleefahs (al-Khulafaa’ al-Raashidoon), may Allaah be pleased with them, who never did such a thing. The best way is to follow them, not to introduce bid‘ah. History tells us that in places such as Andalusia, Turkey, etc., the adornment of houses and mosques with ornate carvings of aayaat only happened at times when the Muslims were weak and humiliated.

(4) Hanging up such pictures or plaques could lead to shirk, because some people think that these things are amulets that will protect the house and its people from evil and disease. This is shirk and is haraam, because the One Who really offers protection is Allaah, may He be glorified, and one of the means of gaining His protection is sincere recitation of the Qur’an and du‘aa’s taught in the Qur’aan and Sunnah. Most of us know how some write verses of the Qur'an and hang them by the enterance of their home or room with hope that it will protect them. These things are from evil jinns through their agents the fortune tellers to deviate us from studying the Qur'an and following their ways.

May Allah protect us from such satanic influences

Aameen.