Chapter 10 : True Friend

True Friend

*

A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you even when you're fooling everyone else

*

= Tetsuya's Pov =

I lay on my bed still wide awake. I couldn't sleep. There was so many things in my mind right now. I unconsciously let out a tear and after a few minutes, I broke down crying. I let out all the things that I was feeling, regret, anger, sadness, hate and every other negative emotion. I couldn't hold myself any longer. I was actually trying so hard not to break down in front of my coach earlier. It took all of my strength and now that I'm alone, I can cry and let out all of my frustrations. There was just no way I could show anyone my weakness, not when I just got betrayed.

Just when I thought that everything was okay between me and the Gom. I tried so hard to be strong. I tried my best just so I can stood on the same level as them,

But I guess my best just wasn't enough...

*Knock knock*

I was surprised by the sudden knock. Wiping the tears away and all other evidences that I was crying, I went out from my room to the door outside my apartment. I didn't even bother on checking on who it was. I just opened the door and widen my eyes when I saw a familiar brunette grinning at me.

"Ogiwara-kun..." I whispered, my eyes still wide from shock. Why was he here? I thought he left. After helping and supporting me from my fight with Rakuran, he said that he didn't have the time to talk cause he was busy and he needed somewhere to be. Is he no longer busy?

So many things went on my mind and now, it just got a lot more things to think about. My heart is already damaged enough and now my head too? Oh god, I think I'm gonna have a headache. I needed answers and I need them now!

"Hey Kuroko-kun, I just came by so we could...umm... you know.. maybe we could talk since we couldn't last time" He said and laughed sheepishly. I don't know whether I should be happy worried. Well, more like anxious. You can't blame me, I mean, this is practically the first time we talk since middle school...

"Ooh, I also brought some food for dinner" He showed me a plastic bag which I presume contains the food. I smiled. I might feel a little nervous about this but still... Ogiwara-kun is my friend. He always have been. No matter how many years passed. But then, I remembered them. They're the reason why we...

"Kuroko-kun, is there something wrong?" I smiled showing him that I was fine but deep inside I was hurt, I was broken and in pain.

"I'm fine. Come in" I said and stepped aside so he could come inside.

"Okay. Thanks!" He went inside and put his shoes on the side. He then looked around and grinned. "Your apartment hasn't changed one bit. It's still as simple as ever" he laughed and walked to my small dining room as if he owned the place. I shook my head.

Ogiwara-kun hasn't changed a bit... but we did

I followed him in the dining room and saw that he was putting out two Styrofoams that contained food.

"I know how you don't eat much that's why I ordered extra for you cause I don't want you to get thinner than you already are. Finish this all, okay Kuroko?" I couldn't help but look away. I don't know why but I just couldn't face him. I was guilty.

"Why are you here?" I whispered but it was still loud enough for him to hear. I looked at him surprised at my own words and he too, had the same expression.

He smiled sadly at me. I don't know why but that seemed to break my heart more. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It's all my fault. I'm sorry.

Why did I recieve such wonderful person like you when I don't even deserve it?

Tears started falling. Why? Why am I crying? How can I still cry? This is what I've been doing since last night so how can there still be tears left in me?

Why am I so pathetic?

"Eh? K-Kuroko?! W-why are you crying?" He stammered and ran to me while mumbling some soohing words. That just made me cry more.

Why does this always happen to me?

"It's my fault. I'm sorry" he stopped comforting me and slowly took a step back. I couldn't look at him. I couldn't face him. I moved my hands and covered my tear stained face.

Why does it have to be like this?

Everything I worked so hard on just felt like nothing. Everything I thought was real was all just fake. A fantasy. How could I be so dumb? How could I be so naive?

"Kuroko, remove your hands. Look at me" I just shook my head and cried more. My knees felt weak so I crouch down. More tears escapes my eyes as I remember those times when I was happy. With Seirin. With Gom. With Ogiwara-kun.

I felt his hands hold mine and forcefully took them of my face but not enough to hurt me. It was blurry. I couldn't see very clearly but I know that he's worried. Without any warnings he hugged me and all the feelings that kept on choking burst. I felt like I was being saved. Saved from the sea of emotions which I was drowning on.

"I-im s-so...s-or-ry... it's a-ll m-my fault" ai managed to say through hiccups. He didn't reply. All he did waa hug me more tightly, giving me the warmth that I needed to badly.

I have always been invincible and emotionless

I knew that since I was kid

I knew that I wasn't special

I knew that I wasn't destined for anything great

But I never knew that I was too emotionless for you to just set me aside and think that I would be fine

I never knew that I was so not very special that you would abandon me after I was done being used

I never knew that I was destined to just be hurt like this.

I'm sorry for not knowing.

Don't worry. I asure you that I won't be doing the same mistake again.

I'm done being hurt

I've had enough

___

A/N

Yeah I'm still alive. Don't worry. If you notice, I kinda changed my username to Crimsonslcr_72 so yeah.

Anyway, I might edit a few things. Specifically, the time cause when I reread this I was like 'F*ck what the hell is the time here. Kuroko is suppose to f*vking get his surgery already' so yeah but don't worry. You dont need to re read it but you can check it out so you can be updated about what day he's actually gonna get 'surgery'(I'm just gonna call it like that for now)

Btw, can you all give me suggestions on the best app to use for editing for my books cover. I badly need it. Thank you!