Chapter 7 : Double the Pain

Double the Pain

*

One of the worst feelings in the world is knowing that you did your BEST but it's still wasn't good enough

*

= Tetsuya's Pov =

I lie awake in my bed, staring at the ceiling and thinking about the day that passed.

"With you as part of the GOM, we will be unstoppable"

"You're replacing him"

"But you gotta admit that he's quite weak"

"Tetsu is useless unlike you who has so much power"

"With Kaga-chin with us, we'll be a lot more powerful than the times we were with Kuro-chin"

"I...I... I don't know. Give... give me time to think about it!"

Those words keep on repeating in my head like broken mantra. I tried to cover my ears to block out all the sounds but it wasn't effective. I still hear all the hurtful words. It pierces right through my heart.

I closed my eyes hoping to get sleepy. I don't want to hear it anymore. I got hurt once and I don't ever want it to happen again. I still have a little bit of trust in Kagami-kun. He's my best friend... he would never betray me... right?

Aomine was also your best friend and yet he betrayed you so why would you think that Kagami wouldn't do the same...

A voice in my head said and doubt started to come out. No... Kagami-kun is different... right?

You once said that Kagami and Aomine had many similarities so why would you say they are different now...

I...I....I...

Those two ideas began clashing and leaving me awake. I picked up my phone and looked at the time. 11:57. I put it back on the table and rubbed my eyes. I just closed my eyes hoping to get some sleep.

~•~

I woke up in an unfamiliar place. A place full of emptiness and darkness. I looked around around hoping to find anything but with no luck I found nothing. Only darkness. Somehow, it gave me an unpleasant feeling. A feeling of sadness and pain.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to look at the person and saw Kagami smiling at me. I smiled back but it quickly turned to a frown once I saw the rest of the GOM behind him. Kagami-kun held a basketball and turned around, walking towards the GOM. I tried reaching out to him but I can't... I couldn't... they turned their back on me but I couldn't do anything else other than watch as they leave until I couldn't see them anymore.

I tried moving my body again, wanting to run after them. Wanting to catch up. I tried but my body just refuses to move. I don't want them to betray me again. I don't want to be left behind again...

I don't want to feel... alone...

My eyesight suddenly got blurry and I blacked out.

~•~

I quickly sat up from my bed while panting. I rubber my temples hoping to calm myself down. I breath in and out continuously until I've finally calmed. This dream was not something I was expecting but I'm not surprised... I had the same dream before. That time when the GOM have left me because they didn't need me anymore... because I can no longer be of use. The only difference was that this time, Kagami-kun was there. I lied again in my bed.