Chapter 5 : Absolute Mistake

Absolute Mistake

*

You were a great leader but never a great friend. With all the power you gain you will lose something in exchange and that's the bond you shared with the people you once called friends ...

*

= Mayuzumi's Pov =

"Come on! Train harder and pass your limits!" Our red haired captain shouted. We are playing in the gym and Akashi is making us train ten times more harder than we used to.

'This is torture' I thought and shot the ball but it rolled around the rim before it went in.

"Chihiro! Your form is wrong!" Akashi shouted at me and continued "Seriously?! Why can't you do it right? Its just simple shooting!?"

'Who could shoot right when your whole body is screaming in pain' I said to myself internally. I didn't want to anger him more.

"Tch. Tetsuya could've done a lot better than you" he muttered and walked away but I still heard him and it made me clenched my hands.

'Last time I remembered you hated him'

"All of you! Back to practice" he said and I only realized that all of them were watching. It made me annoyed but I just ignored it and went to get a ball then went back to practice to let all of my anger out.

-

The practice finally finished. All of our body are aching. Akashi was the only one who can actually withstand his own training menu. Even the other uncrowned kings were shaking because of the pain.

I grabbed my bag not bothering to change into my uniform. The others already left. I went out of the gym.

'Ugh. I don't think I can take another step' I thought while walking. I walked out of the school and saw someone leaning on the wall.

"Akashi..." I muttered and he turned to me with his hetero chromatic eyes. The other Akashi appeared again after the battle with Seirin.

"Did you forget something?" I asked but he just looked at me sharply.

"I just wanted to talk to you about something" he said coldly that sent shivers through my spine.

"What is it?"

"I want you out of the team"

-

Days passed after that I no longer go to the gym for practice.

"Mayuzumi-kun, please go to the teacher's office before you go home" our homeroom teacher informed me and I nodded at her. I picked up my things and put them in my bag.

The teachers doesn't know that I'm already out of the basketball team. The truth is, I only go to the rooftop and read my books then after an hour I'll leave. It was the last order of Akashi. To not let anyone know that I'm out of the team, at least not yet.

I sighed. I grabbed my bag then went out of the classroom. Getting my novel out of my bag while proceeding to walk up the stairs to the rooftop. As I opened the door, my eyes widen for second seeing my 'former' team.

"Why are you here?" I asked, demanding an answer.

"We just wanted to see why you've not been going to practice lately"

"It's not fair that you get to skip practice while we suffer from Akashi's hell training"

"I Don't even get to eat"

I sigh and look at the three of them. I don't really have the energy to deal with them right now. It looks like Akashi didn't tell the team yet either. I'm starting to think that he didn't tell them because he knew this would happen. I just ignored them and sat on the floor while my back is leaning on the fence of the rooftop. I began reading my novel and I saw them from the corner of my eyes that they were looking at each other then looked at me again.