Chapter 3 : Unlucky Day

Unlucky Day

*

They say that friends are the most luckiest thing you could ever find if that's so then why did you betray me...

*

= Takao's Pov =

I'm currently at my house thinking about the days that passed. I've noticed that these pass few days Shin-chan had been quite... grumpy... no that's not the word... frustrated.... nah.... I just can't find a word to describe it but I'm sure that he's just not been himself lately.

'I wonder what's wrong' I thought and pondered over on what I'm gonna do today. It's weekend and I'm bored. I called Shin-chan and he just said that he was not in the mood to hang out today and he will just pick up his lucky items all by himself. At first I just teased him about it and said that he couldn't handle it without me but then he just ignored me and cut the call.

*sigh*

"What to do... what to do" I mumbled and rolled on my bed.

"I'll just watch some TV" I said and went out of my room guys going downstairs to the living room. I turned on the TV and change the channel wanting to find something interesting to watch. I suddenly stopped at a channel which caught my interest. It showed a school that looked super prestigious.

"As you can see we are in front of the most prestigious school here in Japan. The Kuro Academy." The reporter said and showed the front of the school. Most of it was painted in a dark color but you can clearly see that it's so prestigious.

"How about we interview the owner and principal of this school. Tetsumi-san, we are very thankful that you accepted our request of having to interview you" the camera then shown a lady who had blue hair and light blue eyes that looked so gentle. She had a smile on her face and she looks like a really cheerful person. She kinda looks like someone I know... but who???

"The pleasure is all mine"

"What can you say about the school? Why would you name it 'The Black Academy'"

"This school is something I've always dreamed about since I was a kid. I've always wanted to have this kind of school, a school that specializes on both academic and skills. You see I was suppose to be the one to own my family's business but thanks to my husband I didn't need to because he was the one to take care of it and because of that I was able to achieve my dream. Naming this school 'Kuro' is the least I could do to thank him. I guess you could say that this school lives up to his family name which is now of course also mine."

"Ahh... what an interesting story. You have a son right? I'm sure he goes to this school"

"Hmm... yes I have a son but he doesn't go to this school. I've always convince him to but he said that there is something he needed to do in a different school and as his mother I understand that"

"You are not just a successfull person but you are also a very caring mother. What's the school your son goes to?"

"It's---" I didn't hear the rest because Mom suddenly called me.

"What is it Mom?!" I shouted because she might not hear me since she is in the kitchen.

"Come here. I need you to buy me some things" I turned off the TV and went to the kitchen.

"What is it?" I asked and she just gave me a paper full of the things I needed to buy.

"Buy these in the supermarket and here's the money" she handed me the money and pushed me out off the house.

"Hurry up okay Kazu!"

"Hai!"

It took me a couple of minutes to get to the supermarket. I went in and bought all the things that was on the list. I was I'm a hurry because I don't want Mom to go on a rant on me.

I was jogging back home but my hawk eyes saw something. It was Shin-chan. I decided to go to him then greet him. It wouldn't take too long. I approach him. He was practicing on shooting. I put the bags on a nearby bench.

"Shin-chan~" I said and he looked at me then came back from shooting basketball's on the hoop. I pouted.

"Shin-chan!~" I teased. He grew a tick mark and glared at me.

"What?!?" I was surprised. I never seen him so angry before.

"Nothing. I just wanted to greet you" I said. He clicked his tongue and ignored me yet again.

"Shin-Chan. I've noticed that you've been weird lately and I wanted to check if something's wrong"

"I'm fine"

"No you're not"

"Yes I am. Now go away"

"But-" I was cut of when he walked in front of me. His eyes were being covered by his hair. He's really tall...

"Will you just stop it already?!" He shouted. I was confused.

"What do you mean?"

"You're so annoying Takao" he said and I grinned.

"Well, that's just because I'm worried about you" I said.

"I didn't ask for you to be worried"

"But Shin-chan, you're my friend and-"

"Friend? Heh! You're not my friend. You're just someone who helps me get 3 points. You're nothing to me" he said and caused me to flinched on how cold his voice was. I tried regaining myself.

"Haha. Nice joke Shin-Chan" I said and laughed it off.

"I'm not joking. Takao, you are nothing to me and you leaving the team would really help so... leave me alone!" He shouted the last part and made my heart broken to pieces.

"But-" I cut myself when I saw his eyes. He's serious. That made me feel a lot more useless.

"So I'm just nothing to you"

"It would do me good if you leave the team. You're just so annoying that it's distracting me" I clenched my hands and bit my bottom lip.

I wanted to lie to myself.

I'm not useless...right?...

I can't look away from his eyes. It was scary... he looked like he haven't had sleep and it was so cold and dark too.

He's just frustrated... right?

He was dead serious. I can't take it...

He isn't lying...

"I'll let myself out" I mumbled and walked out of the court but not before picking up the bags that contained the groceries.

-

It was already dark when I arrived home and went to the kitchen.

"What took you so long?" Mom said and I just nothing and went to my room. I fell on my bed and cried my eyes out. I gripped the bed sheets.

"I can't take it" I said and grabbed my jacket. I went downstairs and ran out of the house but not before shouting to Mom that I'll be going outside.

I ran and ran not knowing where I was going, not caring who I bumped into. I stopped at a hill where vehicles don't usually go to. I can see the town lights from here. I gripped the railing and shouted all the frustrations I have with all my heart.

"Shin-chan... why?" I asked myself and fell on the grass. The rain then started pouring and that's when the dam broke. I cried and cried then when I finally had enough I walked back to town not caring if I was already so drenched.

I passed by the park and I decided to stop by for a second. I was gonna sit on a bench but noticed that someone was sitting on the other side of the bench.

"Sakurai-kun?"