Chapter 23

Hi! It's me with another update!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                       -Kiko POV-

I get home after my useless five minutes at HQ.  I lock myself in my room like I always do when it rains, which it does all day.  I fall asleep and wake up to Matt frantically pounding on my bedroom door.  I open it and the crying red head  tackles me.  He begins blubbering about how worried he was about me and how he thought I was dead.  I calm him down then go to bed, because it just past one o'clock in the morning.  I wake up a few hours later to get ready for work.  I arrive to have a handcuff put on my left wrist. I am then dragged by Matsuda to where Ryuzaki is. To my horror, the young cop attaches the other handcuff to L and says he won't unlock them until we are back together.  "How exactly did you know we weren't together anymore?" I ask Matsuda. "Ryuzaki told us!" He replies cheerfully.  I send Ryuzaki a death glare, which he ignores. I cross my arms in frustration, and begin my work.  I examine every minor clue in our case, including the many suspects.  A group called the SPK has given us a new suspect, who is an old friend of mine.  First family and now my close friend from college.  I couldn't escape this case if I tried.  His name is Teru Mikami, and it says he is engaged to another friend (and Kira's spokesperson) Kyomi Takada.  I decide to look into Mikami, because Takada isn't a suspect.  I find out he was on that awful show "Kira's Kingdom". The more I read, the more I suspect him.  After a while, I feel someone tap my shoulder, and I turn to see almost everyone gone.  I also remember I'm handcuffed to a person I'm extremely angry at.  I turn to see who tapped my shoulder, and it's Light.  I tell him goodbye while the beast thing stares at me with it's creepy face.  I remember that I have to call Matt and Mello. I tell them my awkward situation, and the give me a little sympathy grunt.  I end the call and turn to L. " So how are we gonna sleep like this?"I ask, gesturing to the rather long metal chain between us.  He just shrugs and pulls me along to his room.  He pulls of his shirt and tosses it at me out of habit.  I sigh and change into it.  I crawl into bed.  I make sure to turn away from him, but he uses the chain to turn me over. He stares into my eyes.  He tries to talk but I stop him. "No.  I am still mad you didn't tell me you were coming back to the case.  I do not want to talk about it.  I know I'm being-*" he interrupts me. " I'm sorry.  I messed up and I know that.  Just let me have one last try," he begs, on the verge of tears.  I shake my head, and turn away from him, pretending his silent sobs don't drive me to tears of my own and kill me a little inside.

                                                                           -L POV-

After I plead to Kiko, she rejects me I turn over and let the tears fall, sobbing silently.  This relationship has made me show so much more emotion than usual.  After a while I hear Kiko sobbing, which makes me cry more.  Her breathing eventually evens out and I fall asleep too, planning to salvage a shattered relationship.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you hate me yet? I realize that Kiko is slightly overreacting, and I did that on purpose.  Kiko gets overly emotional, while L shows almost none.  See what I did there?  I PROMISE THEY WILL GET BACK TOGETHER BY THE END OF THE BOOK!  Love you awesome Little Bubbles!