Not strong enough (9)

Hi guys it's author chan back with another chapter. This fanfic is going to miss some bits of the faiytail storyline as it is from (Y/n) pov but i still hope you enjoy the story! Author chan out~~~

( after battle against phantom lord)

(Y/n) pov

I looked up from the rubbled ground anger and sadness running through my being as i looked at the destroyed guild hall, the place that has been my home for the passed 3 years. Memories flashed through my mind, both happy and sad ones, tears cascading down my pale cheeks. Even though, we won the battle against Phantom Lord and have rescued Lucy from their possesion, all this damage could have been prevented by a certain someone, i grinded my teeth as my eyebrows furrowed together, ' damn you Laxus, ' i didn't understand the intention of my so called brother figure, how could someone of the fairytail guild be so cruel? No, it's not his fault, realisation hit me hard. It was all my fault, i wasn't strong enough, i wasn't strong enough to protect my home, i wasn't strong enough to protect my family, not back then and not now. I slumped to the ground making my hands into fists, the rubble piercing the skin of  my palms, my sobs getting louder, making my body shake uncontrollably due to the intensity of my cries. All of a sudden i was lifted off the ground and brought into a familiar embrace.

No one's pov

Gray held the small girl against his chest, her weeps getting louder as she wrapped her petite arms around his pale neck, her hot tears running down his bare skin, making the ravenette hold her tighter against him, sadness swimming in his own blue orbs as he looked at the derelict building, remeniscing precious moments. The young man burrowed his head in the crook of (Y/n)'s neck, silently crying with her as they stood infront of their home that has now been brought down to the ground.

Gray's pov

I held (Y/n) against my chest, not being able to see her broken - i knew she blamed herself for what happened even though none of this is her fault. She wrapped her small arms around my neck as her cries got louder, making me pull her closer towards towards me, the last time i saw (Y/n) cry this much was when Lisanna died. I looked up to see the building i grew up in, just to see a pile of dust and stones. Sadness took over me as i remembered fond memories that i had in the guild, memories that he had with (Y/n). Slowly, tears ran down my face, as i held (Y/n) even tighter crying silently with her, ' none of this is your fault  (Y/n) '.

Time skip ( rebuilding the guild ) ~~~

No one's pov

The day after the war against Phantom Lord, the fairytail members wasted no time to rebuild the guild the guild. Everyone helped, whether it was carrying around wooden planks or serving drinks.
Everything seemed normal, almost like the phantom lord event didn't happen. Everyone was happy and were enjoying themselves. Well, everyone except a certain navyette. She was still torn in the inside but, she didn't dare to express her feelings (she didn't want the mood to be dampened just because of her) she moved around the planks of wood, almost as if she was lost in her own thoughts, which she was. However, her behaviour didn't go unnoticed by the oh so famous titania. All of a sudden, (Y/n) was lifted of the ground and heaved onto a shoulder, letting out a small squeak as she dropped the plank of wood she was holding. She looked up to see strands of red hair and stopped struggling, knowing exactly who it was. Then, she was put down on the ground, the first thing she did was look around at her surroundings, noticing that she was now further away from the rest of her guild members. She looked up at the taller girl who she  considered her own sister, a look of confusion staring back at the serious look on the redhead's face, " Erza?," (Y/n) whispered her voice slightly cracking, Erza frowned, her eyebrows creasing, " What's wrong? " the older girl did not hesitate once, worried for the younger girl. Slightly, (Y/n)'s eyes widened before she quickly looked away, " W-what do you mean it's no-
" Don't lie to me (Y/n), "
(Y/n) looked down at the ground taking a deep breath, before looking Erza in the eye with a determined look, declaring something that even left titania speechless.