Twenty Seven | Moment

Start from the beginning

Zahra POV

I close my laptop and place it on the nightstand before laying back, ready to drift off to sleep. I can't even begin to describe how tired I am. I had meetings all day and I'll probably have more since I'm flying back to Miami tonight. I hear a buzzing sound and groan as I reach for my phone. I slide my finger over the screen and put the phone to my ear.

"It's 2:00 AM. Do you have a death wish?"

"Hi, baby!" Killian exclaims excitedly, making me wince at how loud he's being.

I quickly pull my phone away from my ear, putting it on speaker before placing it on the night stand. Let him yell from there.

"I'm sorry I woke you."

"It's alright." I laugh.

"Not at a —OUCH!"

"Killian? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just hit my head really hard." He groans, his voice calmer now but I can still hear music and voices on the other line. I chuckle shaking my head.

"Be careful, alright?"

"I will. Oh, remember we're d— Ricky! Déjame ir!" He pants then the line goes dead.

<<·>> <<·>> <<·>>

Zahra POV

"Wake up." A familiar voice whispers softly, pulling me out of my slumber.

I ignore him and turn to face away but that doesn't seem to stop him because he starts to shake me again. Realizing he won't let up, I finally sit up. "Aren't you supposed to be hangover or something?"

"I have an excellent cure for hangovers. Now, if you're not in the bathroom in the next five minutes, I'll drag you there and bathe you myself."

"No." I cross my arms defiantly.

"Five."

"Seriously, this is not funny."

He ignores me, his face telling me he's not joking anymore. "Four."

"Stop!"

"Three." He counts, taking a step forward and that's all it takes for me to jump of bed and run to my suitcase.

"At least tell me what I should wear." I whisper-yell.

"Two."

With an audible scoff, I storm to the bathroom and slam the door shut.

<<·>> <<·>> <<·>>

"You must be Ms. Pierce. I'm Vincent." The man says shaking my hand.

I nod, smiling. "It's nice to meet you but please, call me Zahra."

"Good, let's go over the safety rules first." Vincent says, gesturing for us to follow him to the platform. He starts showing us the harness that will hold us to the bungee cord before going over the safety rules. After what seems like forever, we climb into the helicopter and I try as hard as I can to not look down.

"Zahra, you're up first."

"Is this safe?"

"It is." Killian answers instead.

"And how would you know?"

"He's actually done this many times." Vincent adds, handing me the harnesses for my ankle and waist, then the bungee pad.

Vincent then leads me to the jumping platform and I wince as the wind blows wildly. I make a silent vow to give my boyfriend a piece of mind before letting go of the rail and taking the plunge. I see a cord with a harness falling down with me and I remember the instructions Vincent gave to attach it to the harness holding my body. I notice Killian further down, reaching the platform with me following soon after. Vincent and his team help us take our gear off. As soon as I'm set, I thank Vincent and race back to the car.

A few minutes later, the door opens and Killian gets in. I ignore him, turning to look out the window and staring at the trees as the car starts to move.

"Zahra, look at me." He orders, his accent now distinctive.

I avert my gaze back to him. "I could have died out there!"

"I'd never put you in harm's way, you know that right?" He chuckles and reaches for my hand. "I'll make it up to you."

"You better."