Chapter Thirteen: The Green Light

"Emerald?"

"No."

"Ruby?"

"No."

"Ugh... Gem?"

"No."

"Chaos Emerald?"

"No."

"Hmmm... how about the Master Emerald?"

"Yea-no."

"Aww... come on Knucklie. You almost got me there."

"No."

Rouge sighed. This wasn't the same routine like always. She would show up, tease Knuckles about the Master Emerald, flirt with him a bit, and then fly off. It was like he kinda enjoyed Rouge company this time. not that Rouge didn’t mind.

She would see how angry Knuckles would get to her taunting and flirting. It was the funniest thing ever to her. Also, to Cream and Amy.

"I know what you want." smirked the silver bat.

"Oh really, care to explain." asked Knuckles, who sounded not so interested.

"Me." cooly said Rouge, who had a cat grin on her face.

"Yeah, you're totally right." said Knuckles with out any emotion.

Rouge laughed her head off. His face was hilarious. He was bright red as a tomato and-. Wait did he say yes to her comment?

Was Knuckles flirting back with her? Wait he didn't show any emotion on his face, and said it like he was a robot or something.

"What did you just say?" a confused Rouge said.

"I said and quote 'Yeah, you're totally right'." repeated Knuckles.

Rouge was star stuck, and she longed to hear those words that came out of Knuckles mouth. She wanted to say it with passion, and for him to swing her around. He would propose and it would be the biggest diamond her eyes laid on. Then they would get married have a lot of mutated echidna-bat kids. 

“Whoa, to much fantasizing.” thought Rouge. Rouge sighed, a bat girl can't help but dream, right? She knew her life wasn't going to be a fairy tale, but that didn't stop her. A sexy, spy bat and a lonely echidna guardian of a stupid rock. In her dreams... well they were.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny Knuckles." faked laugh Rouge.

"No Rouge, I do actually need you in my life. I want you by my side forever. I want you to be my Master Emerald, and protect you no matter the cost. It's because I love you Rouge the Bat." stated Knuckles with a hint of affection in it.

Rouge was now paralyzed with fear. No it wasn't fear, it was something else she feared... being nervous. She always remanded calm.

If the world was going to blow up... Remain calm. If she just got shot... Remain calm. The love of you life loves you back. Wake up from this beautiful dream, and go cry in the corner. Well a bat can try right?

"K-Knuckles, I don't know what to say." said Rouge, who was a little pink at her cheeks.

Pink at cheeks? Oh no, she was blushing. That was code red. Rouge put her head down to hide her face. He knows she truly feels the same way. Well he’s a slow person, maybe he won't figure it out.

"HAHAHAHA! Your face is so funny. You looked like you were about to pee yourself or something. It doesn't feel right by making fun of people and flirting with them. Right?" asked Knuckles, who had a golden boy smile on his face.