DP-Chapter 10

After a few seconds Dash leans foward and deepens the kiss. His tongue glides across my bottom lip, asking permission and I comply by opening my mouth. Our tongues fight for dominance and I decide to let him win as he rolls on top of me. His hand slides under my shirt and up my stomach to my chest, where he begins to tweak my nipples. I moan into the kiss and pull back to gasp for air. "We can't go too far. Not with as many people as is in the house."

He nods and leans back down to peck my lips before standing up and saying, "come on, I think the pizzas here." We head downstairs and I have to smile at the happy atmosphere. Eventually everyones tires out and Jazz and Tucker leave first, followed my Paulina, then Ellie and Valerie. Kwan and Dan help clean things up before Kwan heads out as well.

Dan says he's going to the ghost zone for a bit and it leaves me, Dash and the kids. "Thanks a lot for having us, maybe we can do this again sometime?" I smile and nod. "Daddy does Dax have to leave? Can't he stay here forever like Uncle Dan does?" I laugh and shake my head. "Afraid not buddy, he has to go back with his dad. But we'll do this again another time so you can have fun with your friend." He nods and they hug each other before Dax takes Dash's hand and they go to walk out.

I look over and see Sky talking to Kellin. "Yeah just text me. Of course I have signal in the ghost zone, its like the unltimate signal zone. Sure, sure, I might sneak off to see you tomorrow. If thats cool with you." "Actually you'll be coming to work with me tomorrow, and you can see Kellin in my class." I say with a smile and Kellin blushes and waves before leaving.

"Do I really have to go to that boring school tomorrow?" He asks and I shrug. "Only if you wanna see Kellin. Otherwise be my guest to stay home." I huffs and I yawn before changing and making sure the kids are ready for bed.

The next morning I sit up in bed and jump when I see Sky sitting in the corner. "Sky, how long have you been there?" I ask and he shrugs. "A couple hours, I didn't want to wake you but I had a nightmare and...didnt want to be alone." I look at him confused and say "well, do you wanna talk about it?"

He looks over at me and back at his hands. "It's nothing much. But I am glad you let me stay. Dad get frustrated easily and I'm usually the closest target. But I know he doesn't mean it, he's been working on his anger issues and trying to help with Amber and he doesn't get to hunt as much anymore...and most of the time I provoke him into it anyways..."

My eyes widen as I realize what he's saying. I take a deep breath to hold in my anger. If there's one thing I hate it's abuse. Sam was abusive, though only verbally, to the kids and it left me to have to clean it up. Instead of showing my anger I slide out of bed and sit beside him, wrapping my arms around him.

He doesn't say anything, doesn't cry, but I know he's beating himself up on the inside. After a while I know we can't wait any longer I go to move and he says "did it hurt, when you changed? Does the scar and change still hurt?" He runs his finger across the scar and I sigh. "It did. For a long time the scar ached. It didn't let up for anything. And when I first change I actually thought I was dying. It was like someone peeled my skin off and replaced it with salt and sandpaper. My bones felt like they melted and reformed and I thought my brain had imploded. It wasn't fun and I actually have a theory that my ghost wail is so strong because of my scream when I changed."

Here's your next chapter. I might have missed a couple of misspelled words but I'm a bit frazzled since the electricity cut off in the middle of one of my college class tests so now I'm stressed. Anyway enjoy and vote and comment if you like.