16...

His hand ran along my shoulder and started kneading my shoulder and I closed my eyes. Distance yourself I whispered in my head.
I sighed yet again deeply.
He was going to be my downfall.
"the water is going to be cold. We should...,"
And I was lifted like a leaf and like a baby I was tousled back and forth as he dried me like a baby.
At the point where he got to gently applying lovely scented oil I wanted to weep.
I watched him dress me into a simple camisole and I watched him tilt his head to the side and his hair falling over to the side and he watched my body as his hand ran up and down my body.
"you make my heart tremble." his voice almost like a whisper but could be heard.
He made my heart hurt.
His eyes drifted up to meet mine.
Scanning me. Looking for something.
He leaned forward and rested his forehead to mine and eyes...
It was like he wanted to read deep into my soul.
He then stood and looked down at me.
"sleep." and with that order he walked out and I lay there and I turned onto my stomach and pressed my face into the pillow.

Mary later walked in to change the water.
"ask your sister how I stop myself from falling...".
"find a reason to not fall." was her answer before she left.

...

I did not sleep a wink that night.
I sat feeling exhausted having my breakfast.
"I won't be receiving today Mary." as I heard her walk in.
"now that would be sad." came Annabeth's voice. Mrs. Thornwicke.
I leaned back on the chair watching her saunter to sit opposite me as she poured herself some of my tea.
"It's a beautiful day."
Her tone sounded...mocking. I tilted my head to look at her. "I know that Expression. It is the Expression in which women have when they have something to hold against another woman."
"it is."
"and I suppose you are going to be telling me any time now?"
"yes."
And she did make me wait. Until she finished her cup of tea.
"you should imagine the shock when my husband requested for one of my girls yesterday and from what I heard. He spent hours."
Suddenly Mary's words came to me. 'find a reason'
Here it was.
I smiled and it took some effort.
"perhaps...you are starting to bore him." she whispered. "we are friends. I am your dear best friend. We share such information."
I could not hate her. I desperately wanted to hate her. Yet I sighed heavily. "enjoy kicking me while I am down. I am going to sit here and receive it."
I met her eyes, her eyes sharp and vengeful.
"yes. Take it." she said her voice low and powerful.
I looked away.
She stood up and walked away and left me sitting there and I turned to see Mary standing drying her hands with the ends of her skirt watching me.
"I'll get your gown ready."
"for what?"
She paused and I sighed "I won't be receiving any guests today. I'll be in my chamber."
"you can not show Mr. Thornwicke he has power over you."
"I know Mary. I know but i need some damn sleep. I am tired." I snapped and walked into my chamber and slamming the door.
I needed much sleep because I apparently i awoke in the night.
I slipped from my bed and found Mary crouched before the fire just gazing into it.
Her back looked extremely lonely.
"Mary." she turned in shock before she sighed. "I'll get some food ready. You must be hungry."
"I'll be using the...chamber pot."
She nodded distracted tying her skirts.

"you had a guest today. Said she was Clarissa."
I paused. "and?"
"told her you are tired. Said you had been mourning."
I stared at Mary and couldn't help but smile. "I think you were made especially for me."
"how unfortunate." she muttered with a small smile on her lips.
"my sister. That is my sister."
Her eyes widened. "does she know of..."
"no."
She stared at me and nodded. "she is lady Hay. I asked around."
"yes."
She only whistled and stood up to add more wood to the fire.
He came again today and this time he gently covered my eyes and had me undressed tossing on my bed writhing and groaning. And as I tried finding what to say...i realized i didn't know his name and all i could utter was muffle my voice and moan.
He seemed determined to make me feel all the emotions wasn't he?
Then I found myself straddling him and him reclining against the pillows and watching me.
"move me".
The cloth covering my eyes had slipped and was dangling from my shoulder as I repositioned myself and he moved. "not yet."
I closed my eyes muffling my moans by biting my lip as I sat on his magnificent. Leaning forward pressing my body to him and slowly placed soft kisses on him.
His scars. More scars. As I moved down his body. Scars and a body with no ounce of fat.
He was the kind of man who you meet at the alley and you run. Sinking low and kissed his magnificent.
Bringing it to my mouth only he had me pressed to the bed and face pressed to the bed quite hard.
"you are not a harlot."
I blinked trying to rise only he forced my legs apart and he rammed in me.
"you have done this to another?"
I couldn't talk. Nothing came to mind. I was taken back. The only difference was it was soft cushions and not hard gravel ground. He was not going to hurt me. I knew that. My body knew that. That is why it enjoyed it.
He pulled back bringing to my knees and rammed again and again and I muffled my cry. I was in such intense pleasure and my heart was a mess and I was scared. Frightened.
"come for me, haley."
A shocked cry spilled out of me as I came hard and him repeatedly ramming into me and i couldn't take any further.
"you best forget your past. Your mine." before he groaned following me to satisfaction bliss.
I drifted to sleep in an instant.

Waking up in shock and sighing deeply after recognizing where I am. Trying to move only when I realized he was still beside me.
His arms tightened and I wondered what he was thinking when he held me. "where are you going?"
What I was feeling right now? It seemed like I stepped into a whole different world.
"i... I need to relieve myself." he hummed deep. Voice deep grating. Letting me go.
"come back after."
After relieving myself. I pretended to make myself busy and all I got was. "Rosy" came the firm order.
Turning to walk back only she stormed in. She meaning his wife and I nearly fell to my knees in gratitude.
"mrs. Thornwicke. How lovely to see you." with such joy in my voice and for a moment she forgot why she busted into my temporary cottage.
Her eyebrows rose staring at me in puzzlement.